• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lets ride 11/16 in the morning meet in Georgetown at 8!

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
So there are three that would like to ride in the morning. I haven't been to the hill country and would like to go. Does anyone else want to go, maybe show me around?

My cell is 5127405515. Text or call

I'll be checking back throughout the night and in the morning. I'd like to meet up at sunrise. I need to be in Elgin by 3 or 4.

Thanks
Bryan

Re: Lets ride 11/16 in the morning

So there are three that would like to ride in the morning. I haven't been to the hill country and would like to go. Does anyone else want to go, maybe show me around?

My cell is 5127405515. Text or call

I'll be checking back throughout the night and in the morning. I'd like to meet up at sunrise. I need to be in Elgin by 3 or 4.

Thanks
Bryan

Ok, I am in as well, but again, never been off the beaten path.

Hey Brian,

Sorry it took me a while to get over to this thread. As Aggie mentioned over in the other thread, 8 am sounds good. I'd think the best place to meet up would be hwy 29 & 35, as its a direct shot out westward to the less than paved areas. Let's say by the Starbucks in the Wolf Ranch or that area.

When I go that direction on my own I generally go out 29 to 1431 and take that down into Kingsland. I go west on Slab road (turns into 307) over to 71, then south about 3-4 miles to CR308 which is the dirt stuff. We can run that down to 315 and that winds around a good bit and over to the other side of 16 and such if we have time.

Unfortunately theres a lot of pavement between us and the dirt out west, but its not so bad riding through the hill country.

I'll call in the AM, or you can ring me at 512-963-2767

Hey Brian,

Sorry it took me a while to get over to this thread. As Aggie mentioned over in the other thread, 8 am sounds good. I'd think the best place to meet up would be hwy 29 & 35, as its a direct shot out westward to the less than paved areas. Let's say by the Starbucks in the Wolf Ranch or that area.

When I go that direction on my own I generally go out 29 to 1431 and take that down into Kingsland. I go west on Slab road (turns into 307) over to 71, then south about 3-4 miles to CR308 which is the dirt stuff. We can run that down to 315 and that winds around a good bit and over to the other side of 16 and such if we have time.

Unfortunately theres a lot of pavement between us and the dirt out west, but its not so bad riding through the hill country.

I'll call in the AM, or you can ring me at 512-963-2767

Sounds like a plan! An ethiopian coffee will start the day off right. I'll see you at 8.

Just up. Starbucks at wolf ranch. I will probably go up to 2243 and over on (nicer road than 1431).

Wow that was fun. Now - what was the name of the town with the BBQ joint? trying to find it on google maps.:giveup:

John - hope your ribs feel better soon. Vicodin and beer is what I prescribe:trust:

Bryan - great to meet you. Hope you had fun on your first dirt DS adventure ride:rider:

I sure did!

That was at Castell, good food for sure.

I'm fine, I'll be stiff for a day or two is all.

e3a4ubyt.jpg

adu3aby6.jpg

nyqequna.jpg

Only scarce little water at any of the crossings...

zuzanyne.jpg

John B

Just got back from Elgin. I have to say I had a blast! And being the only one to STAY ON THE ROAD was a good thing too! lol

Till next time.
Bryan

Back