• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let's see your very best photo

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So I was thinking last night about how many cameras I see on the various rides in which I participate. That got me to thinking that it would be cool to see some of the best shots. To that end, I would like you to spend a few minutes going through your pics and find the one that you really really think is one of your best shots. Post it up here for all of us to see. Maybe tell us where it is and what it is about it that you find so appealing. I have a ton of shots so it may take me a bit to find one... Oh, and it does not have to have a bike in the shot, although that would be nice ;-)

Adios,

Last edited:
My two favorites ...

DSC01389.jpg

or...

DSC01252.jpg

Very cool Jeff! The nerd engineer in me really appreciates that kind of stuff!

Adios,

My favorite shot is this one that Scott took out in Arkansas. For two days I watched the setting sun without anywhere to pull off the road and take a decent picture. Intent on getting at least one of Ally in front of the sky when it was a smiliar color to the bike itself, the last night of the trip I was taking the slow way home from the last gas stop and saw the opportunity. Mine didn't come out great, but Scott came up with this one:

DSC02525.jpg

This is my absolute favorite picture.
sv_deals.jpg

The history behind the picture is this: Me and four others went from DFW, TX to Knoxville, TN to attend the Honda Hoot in 2001. We rode the entire way. All the other guys were on cruisers except for me. The picture is of the dam just below Deal's Gap. When the group started up towards the Gap I left them behind because the SV is WAY faster than the big pigs that they were riding. Anyway, I get down to the Gap and keep going. I get to the dam, ride past it, then turn around. I end up parking the bike and taking the pic. It felt like an accomplishment. I had ridden a super long distance just to get to Knoxville then I got to ride Deal's Gap. So, the picture almost has a surreal feeling for me. I have since sold the SV but I will always have this memory of my bike I affectionately called 'Stealth'.

Last edited:
36312658.jpg

This was not on a bike trip, but it's probably my most spectacular photo ever just because of the "right place, right time" factor. It was at Big Bend NP on the River Road. I couldn't believe I actually got the shot, as I usually seem to get the camera ready a second too late for things like this.

This is a quick downloading low resolution copy of a scan. I didn't have a digital camera then, scanned the 35mm shot from my SLR. I have a high resolution print of it hanging on the wall I liked it so much. It was taken on the side of the road south of Alpine Arizona in April. I was following a snow plow down the "coronado trail" on my VX800 at the time, coming back from Laughlin, Nevada.

snow10.jpg

Some favorite motorcycle shots, and some artsy-fartsy stuff!

342367%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D94%3B%3D%3B49%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9%3C47565ot1lsi

On Highway 7 south of Estes Park, CO. It's a fave because it's me and my bike on the road, far from home, with my gear strapped tight and nature's glory all around. What's not to love?

3423683923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D94%3B%3D%3B49%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3A%3A32877%3Bot1lsi

Sober Joe and Paca - fellow members of a motorcycling association, but otherwise complete strangers - who heard I'd been injured in an accident, blew off their vacation plans, and traveled 1000 miles out of their way to visit me in the hospital, because "that's what bikers do for each other." How cool is that?

342367%3A323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2323%3D59%3C%3D977%3D323259%3C88687%3Cnua%3C2gi1lsi

My Dad at a bike show in Hanford, CA, several years before his death. He's standing next to an Indian like one he rode after the war. We were estranged for years, and motorcycling was one of the interests that drew us back together.

3423683923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D94%3B%3D%3B49%3DXROQDF%3E232356888%3C694ot1lsi

Cemetary at Templeboy, County Sligo, Ireland, from whence some of my ancestors emigrated. I got to take my mother there - her very first visit to the Old Sod.

3423683923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D94%3B%3D%3B49%3DXROQDF%3E232356888%3C698ot1lsi

Cow skull on rock wall in County Donegal, Ireland.

3423683923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D94%3B%3D%3B49%3DXROQDF%3E2323568899683ot1lsi

Our B&B in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. The setting reminds me of an Edward Hopper painting. I burned a half-roll of film, to get the image I wanted.

Jeff, that pic of the bridge is fantastic!

Andy, that picture Ellen took is pro quality. Looks like it should be a poster, or an advertisement for sporting goods.

Great work, all! I love seeing what people shoot.

Praying Mantis

Praying mantis in the extreme fore ground on the sign we were using to steady the camera. Bikes in the middle. Enchanted Rock, Texas in the background.
mantis-n-bike.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

I think this image is great because those are my riding buds. This was taken on our last www.thegsresources.com hill country tour. I like the composition here with folks BSing and waliking back to the bikes with the hills in the background.

IMG_0544.jpg

This was taken at Randy's place whrere I camped. It's the root of a big oak tree growing through the rocks.

IMG_0557.jpg

Dragonfly on Lantana. This was at the Gristmill restaraunt in Gruene.

IMG_0563.jpg

Butterfly on Lantana. Same as above.....

Last edited:
Re: Praying Mantis

chiko said:
Praying mantis in the extreme fore ground on the sign we were using to steady the camera. Bikes in the middle. Enchanted Rock, Texas in the background.
mantis-n-bike.jpg

I never really noticed before but a GS looks an awful lot like a praying mantis.

:mrgreen:

Back