• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Levitation

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Just starting to scratch the surface on figuring out how to do this.... First Attempt
i-NMsh5q9-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Third attempt
i-gbQH8q5-XL.jpg

With such a shallow DOF, the fact that you got the letters so well focused is impressive!! I am curious how many attempts it took to get the shot you finally selected...?

With such a shallow DOF, the fact that you got the letters so well focused is impressive!! I am curious how many attempts it took to get the shot you finally selected...?

Three or four attempts resulted in this shot. There's a lot of moving parts to pull it off.

My friend is Eric Storey. His good friend started and runs the "Live A Good Story" movement, so I decided to take a little liberty with word play for this one.
i-3G24wcK-XL.jpg

This was fun to 'try'. Not sure how well we pulled it off though. I wanted to give the impression he was falling down in a hole.
i-6kCVmSh-XL.jpg

Eric is part of the Instagram community. He wanted me to create a shot he could share with them. I liked how the tiles matched the Capitol in color and the Capitol seemed appropriate for content.
i-BNzjpg3-XL.jpg

While prepping for Eric's shot (#7 above) I noticed he was wearing his CASH shirt. There's a local bar in town called The Mean Eyed Cat which is focused on Johnny Cash. With a little picking of the right letters, I came away with this one.
i-ZGz4CcJ-XL.jpg

This was a 'test' shot to see how a different approach works. I joke with people about he was running right camera right to left and bounced on a round trampoline and flew over the bench where I captured him at the precise moment and he did a barrel roll upon landing. It really wasn't that glamorous in execution however.
i-Dd5dSSc-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Eric has another friend who manufacturers Brave Straps, a camera strap system. So here we go again, this time showing off one of the products and how strong they are. That's a D750 with a 70-200 on it hanging.
i-8tpfqsq-XL.jpg

I couldn't let the Brave Straps shot go without trying one for Smugmug - my photo hosting company.
i-WJCHJ3v-XL.jpg

Morning coffee at Flat Track Coffee Company here local on the East side of town.
i-nnmwwj2-XL.jpg

So I am curious. What kicked off this current trend/interest? It is pretty cool.

Back