• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Life at 200MPH

See thats m thinking too! It just sticks out there like a sore thumb.
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I vote paint it and add a logo. The fender design alone will draw plenty of attention...

well the votes are split about 50/50 between here and the other board paint or no paint.
Here's another factor in deciding. One of my Sponsors FamilyPowerSports.com is opening a new store in Odessa and they are having Jason Britton come stunt at their grand opening. They also asked me if I could bring the HeavyBus out and display it for a week or two so it should look nice for that.

Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I say paint it with the image of a tire/wheel and disc to give the appearance of those items. Then put the sponsor stickers on it towards the back.

I really have to thank-you for taking the time to post all the progress updates and pics. This is an amazing journey that just keeps on going. :clap:

I say paint it with the image of a tire/wheel and disc to give the appearance of those items. Then put the sponsor stickers on it towards the back.

I really have to thank-you for taking the time to post all the progress updates and pics. This is an amazing journey that just keeps on going. :clap:

That is exactly what the original plan was but now we are running out of time so that might get shelved until later.

Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

Well I have been hinting around for a while as of this afternoon it's official!

I just got picked up by
NITROUS EXPRESS
NOS.gif
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/

They put together a great package for me with a wet F.I. system a progressive controller 2 2.5 lb bottles pressure gauge and some other goodies!

No more Mrs. Nice Girl it's time to get down and dirty! I'm going to test with the progressive controller and smaller shorts(30/40HP) first but if things feel good,,,, we may pour the 100 shot to it!:trust:

Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

Now we're gettin down to business. Can't wait to see what the Bus does on spray.

I'm hoping that everything shows up this week! As soon as it's here I'll post up some pix of the goodies!
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

Nick
Just sooo happens,,, Theres a nice little turbo sitting in the "Man Room" but I think it's headed for the Miata.
I made a deal with SRAD this evening, I would make homemade pizza IF
SRAD would paint the fender. (A fair trade I thought seeing as I'm going to have to cook anyway! ;) )Not so much the real deal just some of that duplicolor that they sell at the auto parts store just to see if I would like the pattern.
P1010014-4.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good but the paint isn't a perfect match so that may be a reason to go to the paint store and see if they can mix something a little closer. Once again thanks to Guy Kaputo at Tiger Racing for his help!
http://www.1st-to-the-finish-line.com/index.html
So TWT'ers what do you think?

Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I think a turbo would definitely help you get up in the 200mph area.
Plus, a turbocharged Hayabusa is way more fun than a turbo Miata.

Take it out in the sunshine and take another. Looks kinda dark. Those colors pop in the sun.

I'll have SRAD shoot some after work! The colors are not a match but close.
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I think a turbo would definitely help you get up in the 200mph area. Plus, a turbocharged Hayabusa is way more fun than a turbo Miata.

That was discussed a few hundred posts back within the thread. I think it's still off the table for now, but at some point, will probably become inevitable for setting new personal records (if not a class record).

Looks like you are having fun with your bike! It's been a while since we talked.

We just picked up a Busa today. A buddy wrecked it over the weekend, so we plan on a turbocharger and a Motec system after we fix the booboos.

-Seth

Good luck with the wrecked Busa! I bet you'll do great with it! So I finally got a daytime pic of the new front fender so here ya go!
fender-1.jpg

fender1.jpg

And I have some more pics coming tomorrow!
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

A word of advice as a professional art director: Always smile in your promo shots. The angry/serious look doesn't work very well for you. But a big, warm, inviting smile -- that's your forte. :thumb:

I think a turbo would definitely help you get up in the 200mph area.
Plus, a turbocharged Hayabusa is way more fun than a turbo Miata.

depends on your definition of fun. I think a turbo miata would be a whole lot of fun at MSR cresson or houston :thumb:

Yeah SRAD subscibes to the sheer volume theory of photography take a ton then hope for 1 good one and he always snaps when I'm not smiling! So what do think of the fender Tim?

Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I knew those colors would look much better in the sun. :clap:

and I agree with Tim. You gotta smile. :sun:

Well not much for tonight but tomorrow I'm Drag Racing my Electric Car again and if there is time,,, I might get a few Busa Passes in! Also if I didn't mention it I got a box in the mail from????
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

depends on your definition of fun. I think a turbo miata would be a whole lot of fun at MSR cresson or houston :thumb:

Eh, overpowered Miatas tend to be all over the place IMO. The things are so light, it's so **** easy to switch ends.
I'd rather have an overpowered awd car.

Marie, have you considered losing the passenger pegs and seat to lose some extra weight?

Back