• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Life at 200MPH

Reaction score
And the Saga begins.

It started out like this. We rode almost 1000 miles over Memorial day weekend her on her 07 GSXR750 and me on my RC51. Now don't get me wrong I love that bike but the riding position is well just think Spanish Inquistion. :doh:
After our return I remarked that I would like to get something easier to travel on in the future 2 or 3 years. Well a few weeks ago she bought me an 04 Hayabusa, one owner pretty much bone stock(slip on exhaust only) never raced never wrecked. Great bike I love everything about it and really have no desire to change or hot rod it( I allready have a hotrod the RC51) BUT,,,

Well I'm not sure how things got started, but they got started so now the plan is to take the Hayabusa and Marie to Gonzalez Texas in October and see if she can get into the 200 mph Club.
We pretty much have a basic plan layed out and are starting to put things into place to make it happen.
Step #1 was 150mph and lets see if she's still interested. No sweat!
Step #2 was 185mph(indicated) on the GSXR750 she was STILL interested!:clap: Which brought us to
Step #3 Time to RIDE the Heavy Bus. She has ridden the Busa quit a bit but never in anger. Well we went out to our Top Secret Speed testing Facility(so Top Secret that the DPS doesn't even know where it is!;-) ) side by side at a 150mph me on her GSXR and her on the Heavy Bus I gave her the go ahead to fire the afterburners. Well she took off and rode it to an INDICATED 186mph and stayed there for 2 miles.
Afterward she remarked about hom much smoother it was at speed and how good the air coverage seemed. At this point she is still in the game and her attitude is GO! GO! GO!
Next up will be running over a total length thats the same as the Texas Mile. If she's still interested after running all the way up and back down in 1.5 miles then we will start the power mods. We allready have had 2 Sponsors step up to help, one has donated an $1800 Brocks racing kit and the other looks to be helping with entry fees!
Stay Tuned
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Attachments

• GSXRBUSA.jpg
    GSXRBUSA.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 563
Pics to follow. This afternoon we will be scoring the Brocks Racing Equipment.
SRAD

Actually there are plans for a drive by and an onboard. Speaking of which I have a few speedo pics to post this afternoon which were
"taken on a closed course by a proffessional rider using safety gear":trust:
No really trust me! Thats why we use the Top Secret High Speed Testing Facility and change the location frequently well sort of.
SRAD

Why not just go to a track day and not risk your life and others? I am not trying to be a buzzkill, just trying to be practical and keep you alive for more fun.

I thought there is a quote "gentlemen's" agreement among manufacturers to limit top speed electronically to 186? Is that still an obstacle?

Why not just go to a track day and not risk your life and others? I am not trying to be a buzzkill, just trying to be practical and keep you alive for more fun.

First off thanks for your concern, really!
you mean something like this?
MP3T8652.jpg

Or maybe something like this?

MP3T8542.jpg

Marielean2.jpg

Here's a little picture of what a Roadracing CHAMPIONSHIP gets you (and yes it's HERS)

winner.jpg

I think this is where they say
"Been there done that got the T-Shirt":doh:

Realistically she enjoys all types of Racing and this was the next step(not ACTUALLY because she did get offered a Drag Racing sponsorship first but we weren't prepared to go that route yet) So when we bought the Heavy Bus it seemed to us to be a natural progression in her racing career.
As for endangering others. Let me be the first to say that our quest for speed will never be at someone else's risk. We live in West Texas and if you take a minute to look at the Map we have more straight flat roads than the rest of the country. Granted big speed on Public roads would be dangerous for all involved, unless said road was a seldom traveled road with one way in and one way out 20 or so miles long with no side roads. Of course this is also neglecting the fact that we pretty much have Carte Blanche at the local 1/4 mile drag strip which happens to have a little over 1.1 miles of pavement to practice on.
Did I mention that there are several airstrips here that we MIGHT be able to use?
Lastly maybe you might have overlooked we are going to a Sanctioned Event to try to get into the 200mph range.
Hang around and watch the show it should be fun!
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

I thought there is a quote "gentlemen's" agreement among manufacturers to limit top speed electronically to 186? Is that still an obstacle?

SparkyBlue you are absolutely right! And it took all of about 2 or 3 months after the agreement was made for someone to find out how it was done and defeat it!
Turns out it can be done with a $.25 resistor:eek2: .
This is called a TRE(Timing Retard Eliminator) Modification. The bikes have different ignition timing maps for each gear. A map in lower gears makes them more manageable and less wheelie prone. Top gear Map restricts the bikes ability to either pull to redline or run past a certain speed. By fooling the bike into thinking its always in 5th gear you get the best Map without top speed restriction.:rider:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Todays pics, sorry for the blur but the air buffeting is still a problem with the camera mount as is the vibration.
These were a few shakedown runs on HER 07 GSXR750 just to get and idea of what the winds were like.
you may have to do a little math based on the 80mph first pic.
REMEMBER these were taken on a closed course by a licensed racer wearing appropriate safety gear, not small animals were harmed in the taking of these photos
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Attachments

• 80mph.jpg
    80mph.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 136mph.jpg
    136mph.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 146mph.jpg
    146mph.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 383
Well things came together in a pretty big way today in the way of some sponsorship:
parts.jpg

Brocks Titanium and Stainless Megaphone, Mapped Power Commander, MPS tether Kill Switch, Brocks Heavy duty clutch hub, and K&N air filter.
I also bought a new chain and some sprockets.
The paln right now is to do some runs upto speed and back down this weekend most likely over the 1.1 mile at the dragstrip and then maybe a few passes at the Top Secret Test Facility on GPS just to see were we are at.
Stay tuned
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Well things came together in a pretty big way today in the way of some sponsorship:
parts.jpg

Brocks Titanium and Stainless Megaphone, Mapped Power Commander, MPS tether Kill Switch, Brocks Heavy duty clutch hub, and K&N air filter.
I also bought a new chain and some sprockets.
The paln right now is to do some runs upto speed and back down this weekend most likely over the 1.1 mile at the dragstrip and then maybe a few passes at the Top Secret Test Facility on GPS just to see were we are at.

Even with all those goodies (and I assume you've already de-restricted the bike), I predict low 190s, bud. You're gonna need a lot more horsepower than stock to get past 200. Seriously, check into that Muzzy big-bore kit. The road from 191 mph to a true, verified 200 mph on a Hayabusa can be calculated in thousands of dollars per mile-per-hour.

Even with all those goodies (and I assume you've already de-restricted the bike), I predict low 190s, bud. You're gonna need a lot more horsepower than stock to get past 200. Seriously, check into that Muzzy big-bore kit. The road from 191 mph to a true, verified 200 mph on a Hayabusa can be calculated in thousands of dollars per mile-per-hour.
Deristricter is on it's way(actually called a TRE/Timing Retard Eliminator) We have realistic expectations about how things are at 200MPH. The General consensus is that stock Busa's run in the 180MPH range restricted. I'm hoping that with the Mods and a light Rider it should be possible to get close but that last few MPH takes alot of HP to overcome wind drag.
And of course things are still in the early stages, by the time all of the mods are on and a few extra horses are let loose and she does 0 - to 18o and back to 0 in 1.5 mile she may lose interest. Make no doubt about it its a daunting task and we don't have any pipe dreams about showing up making a 200MPH pass and going home.
SRAD

My de-restricted bike with a Yosh Ti system and remapping did a GPS 187 MPH. Everything else about the bike was stock. I remember Bike magazine took a stock 99, removed the mirrors and claimed they hit 195.

I will be watching this close..... one day I want to do 200+ on a bike at Bonneville.... before I get old and wise enough not to.

If you end up needing a turbo I know of a shop in west Fort Worth that has built several turbo Busas. Cyclewerkz is the name. Good people, well equipped shop with dyno, and they are true enthusiasts. Of course you probably have all the contacts and info closer to home, it is there if you need it though.

One of the key elements here is that I bought this bike to ride and the LSR thing was just an after thought. I really like this thing and although I don't mind modding it to attempt 200MPH I don't want to lose the day to day rideability. So any Mods must be easily reversable or somewhat easy, so that afterwards I can return the bike back to it's current condition, stock with Yoshimuira Slip-ons. I really don't want it to turn into a single purpose bike thats no longer streetable or capable out out of town trips, so staying in a state where the bike can be returned to stock is more important than 200MPH at this point
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Back