• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Like a deer lease, but for motorcycles

Reaction score
Just wondering aloud if there would be interest in an off-road motorcycle only ranch that sold memberships. Kinda like a seasonal deer lease, but for motorcycle ridin.

6 months out of the year. Jan - June.

4 days a week. Fridays - Mondays.

90 miles west of Ft Worth. 3.5 hours north of Austin.

1,000 acres of the roughest rocks, creeks, cedar, & prickly pear.

Camping allowed. Port A Potty’s.

Paid members only. Motorcycles only. No 4wheelers, UTVs, etc.

Any thoughts, specifically as to interest, number of memberships & pricing?

Can I bring a guest? or 2? It's no fun and dangerous off-roading alone.

Is there AC power?

I bet 1000ac could easily accommodate 200 vehicles.
Maybe 500 memberships?

1/2 weeks and only 1/2 a year ... maybe a couple hundred bucks.
I'm on a fixed income ...

Last edited:
So, kinda like what Red River Motorcycle Trails became, so I hear?

Curious about the specific days and months.

Aaron not to be a party pooper but have you looked into liability insurance for a venture like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's places like that now, Zars, Cycleland, and Red River come to mind. Plus the huge track of land out west, Lubbock Trail Riders I believe. The 1/2 year and 1/2 week thing might not be advantageous. But if property is good and price is fair folks will pay to play. Texas just doesn't have any public land outside of SHNF which is closed more than open. Your location is too far for me and most folks in Houston to make on a regular basis.

Too far for me too for regular use, but if you have day rates it would be tempting to go see new places.

Would there be trails for adv practicing and more serious dirt riding ? How about a bunk at night and a campfire for night time visiting and story telling.

Hmmm, an interesting idea. I’d be interested in hearing details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trails would be whatever you wanna cut/ride. No buildings involved, just port a pottys & a place to camp up front near the gate. It would be the pasture we had the PTR at a few years ago.

I was a member of the East Texas Dirt Riders for a few years before we lost our lease. We had a year round lease on 900+ acres and lost it when the owner died and his wife didn't want motorcycles on it - she ended up leasing it as a hunting lease. Our club ran it along the lines of your proposal. For our case, we had full time access via a gate lock and code, but no facilities so there was no infrastructure cost. Memberships were limited to 50 families and were required to do trail maintenance work days plus dues. Land to the W of Fort Worth is very different so overgrowth prob isn't an issue so not sure how much work there would be. I think it would interesting. RRMT has become so overrun with ATVs and prices have gone way up over the years - ours had a no quad rule. RRMT's policy on paying membership plus access fees (incl non-riders) makes it a pretty significant cost. With the right waivers and a club that is the lessee, liability is manageable. Also, the number of members really depends on how actively you want to manage it. With a smaller group they can be more accountable to each other and you. If it's larger, you lose accountability and have to manage it more actively.

It would be encouraging if someone (or small group) stepped forward as a potential managing entity, similar to the DBSA on the Zars ranch.
Wish you were closer, we have the guys, just lost our lease but just way too far.

I would be interested in a day use or weekend use. One day I would love to get into that yearly but the family needs bikes and we need a camping trailer first.

I'd be interested, dont know if we've got the population locally to make it worthwhile.. at least not on twt, as we skew to dual sport/adv/street riding. But there are a lot of dirt riders that aren't on here.

I would probably join and help on work days, etc.

Back