• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lipstick Cameras??? --Help needed.

dower

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Ok, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cameras and camera accessories. Does anyone have a site recommendation to research lipstick cameras? Brands, mounts, camera setup, etc... all will help. :-?

Thanks in advance

--Will

Howdy,

Try Helmetcamera.com

I've no idea which camcorders are compatible. However, that brand of lipstick cam seems quite popular. They can be mounted using Ram mounts.

http://www.ram-mount.com/

The use of zip ties and a little creativity will let you mount it just about anywhere.

Adios,

Helmetcamera.com is a great place to pick one up. That's where I got mine, and the thing worked great all up until I totalled the bike with a high speed lowside at TWS ... the camera was ejected from the bike and the cable developed a short in the process. I just haven't had time to get it working again yet.

I know a couple people who use that camera, and the picture quality is excellent.

Rocket_Cowboy said:
I know a couple people who use that camera, and the picture quality is excellent.

Is there any noticeable difference in the 380 line resolution and 480 line resolution modules? Besides the 100 bucks price difference.

I had the original less quality camera ... worked great for me.

I think the question really depends on what you're going to use to edit the video you pull off. If you're all digital, digital camcorder, firewire direct to the PC, hi-resolution, etc. etc. then you would probably want the higher res camera. For me, while I have a digital camcorder (digital-8) and firewire between the two, I used the analog camera at 380 lines and had no complaints at all. Worked as good or better than the camera that's built into the camcorder.

This is something I have been interested in doing for years. Like others, don't know how to put it together though in terms of specific gear anyway. I noticed recently that sharp has a new series of mini DV camcorders. They have an AV Input I believe, but so far, I have not found a store clerk at any vendor who can tell me if a lipstick cam can be used with this cam via the AV port. The cam is very small, has a color screen, gets good reviews and sells for under $300

Anyone know if it will work with a remote lipstick cam??

Any cam with an AV input will record from a lipstick cam. If you live in Houston, go to EPO (Electronic Parts Outlet) and look at what they got. They can get you geared up.

Careful, BC, I just looked at the top of the line sharp dv camcorder on their web page, and there's no specific mention of an analog AV input. There are a couple of digital connections (allowing you to transfer digital video from a computer back to the tape), but generally you'd need electronics to convert analog to digital (like a video capture adapter on a PC).

I'm interested in this, as I'd love to find a bullet cam that could input into a DV camcorder....

I have a Mini DV Sony TVR-27 and it works with other sources like a bullet cam and also my G5 Canon Digital Camera that has an AV Output. They work one in the same. It is pretty neat.

bdmpastx said:
I have a Mini DV Sony TVR-27 and it works with other sources like a bullet cam and also my G5 Canon Digital Camera that has an AV Output. They work one in the same. It is pretty neat.

Thanks for setting me straight. I'll definitely look for that feature on my next camcorder if/when my JVC needs replacing..

:chug:

Back