• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Livewire S2 Del Mar

Ok here's the details. My friends bike is a 2021 Livewire One. Round trip commute is 80 miles.
Hats off to him! I think it's really cool. It also gives me hope that a small electric motorcycle would work around the inner city.

You should ask your friend to join this forum so he can share his experience riding an electric motorcycle.

It looks like the Del Mar is finally being delivered to owners. There's a pretty good first impression with a guy who has a 70 mile commute.

_nc_ohc=dTT8yFOZCpYAX9H8bkN&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg

Mancuso HD had 4 - sold 2, including a Launch Edition Del Mar. The bike looks well finished. The riding position is neutral but the handlebar is a little wide IMO. Test rides will be available as soon as the bikes are put together and charged. I didn't ask about pricing.

F-qhXfqWoAA45S2?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F-qhXfnXgAABsns?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F-qhXgAWQAAUHFC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F-qhXftWUAAFoCe?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Do they even say HD on them anymore or did the livewire completely get completely cut out?

Still owned largely by HD is my guess. Hence the Sales relationship with HD dealers that could not sell but a handfull of bikes in their first round. HD just wanted it off the books as best they could is my guess.

Like Saturn was separate from GM
Harley-Davidson, Inc. is the parent company of Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Harley-Davidson Financial Services. The Company operates through three segments: Harley-Davidson Motor Company (HDMC), LiveWire and Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS).

2 Del Mar were sold at Mancuso. Anyone on here bought one? Riding impressions?

They were out at the Electrify Expo at the F1 track in Austin last weekend. I ended up riding the LW one not the Del Mar, they had two prototypes that folks could ride and one that was in the expo area. I was not impressed by the seat. But they were prototypes and maybe they will put a bit more padding in the seat area.

I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. I love it! Super quick. The flat track inspired 19s were squirrely for the first 10 miles or so, but that may have been just riding IH-35 from Austin. I have only put a couple hundred miles on it, so I am biased and still in the honeymoon phase. It is just a fun urban meteor. The elephant in the room is range. According to my riding style is says that I have 113 miles at 100% charge. I am fine with that. I live on the Northwest side of New Braunfels and there are plenty of places and things to do within a 50 mile radius. I am not a long distance rider. A 100 mile blast is my preference.

If this is still the early stages of EV riding, then I eagerly anticipate what the future holds. My wife, who hasn't had her own bike since 2008 said that if they make a cruiser from this platform, then she wants her own. It is such an easy bike to ride. The best throttle response that I have ever experienced. No stumbles, or nothing. Just smooth. Everywhere. It is like having a dual personality in one bike. I can ride it bonkers like a KTM Duke, or just have a quiet easy going countryside stroll like a Vespa.

I think overall that I like this bike more for what it isn't, than what it is. It is not: heavy, loud, hot, vibrating, cumbersome, or difficult to ride.

Congrats on jumping out there and committing. Takes some courage to be a first adopter.

I like the look of the bike a lot. If I were an urban commuter I could easily see myself drawn to the bike. If you're a motorcyclist, and not just a commuter, you'd definitely need at least two bikes to fill the need.

Couple of questions. The bike looks small overall, is that accurate? What naked bike would you compare it to size-wise?

Regarding the urban commuter focus, wouldn't that mean many bikes used this way, in a city, would be parked on the street at night? Where will those folks be plugging in?

I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. I love it! Super quick. The flat track inspired 19s were squirrely for the first 10 miles or so, but that may have been just riding IH-35 from Austin. I have only put a couple hundred miles on it, so I am biased and still in the honeymoon phase. It is just a fun urban meteor. The elephant in the room is range. According to my riding style is says that I have 113 miles at 100% charge. I am fine with that. I live on the Northwest side of New Braunfels and there are plenty of places and things to do within a 50 mile radius. I am not a long distance rider. A 100 mile blast is my preference.

If this is still the early stages of EV riding, then I eagerly anticipate what the future holds. My wife, who hasn't had her own bike since 2008 said that if they make a cruiser from this platform, then she wants her own. It is such an easy bike to ride. The best throttle response that I have ever experienced. No stumbles, or nothing. Just smooth. Everywhere. It is like having a dual personality in one bike. I can ride it bonkers like a KTM Duke, or just have a quiet easy going countryside stroll like a Vespa.

I think overall that I like this bike more for what it isn't, than what it is. It is not: heavy, loud, hot, vibrating, cumbersome, or difficult to ride.
Do you keep it charged when you don't use it? Or just monitor the battery every now and then?

Couple of questions. The bike looks small overall, is that accurate? What naked bike would you compare it to size-wise?
My impression of the size is it’s pretty comparable to something in a 500-700cc bike range. If you put one next to say a Honda CB650R they would be about the same size. I’m impressed overall with both Livewire models. But as you mention, if you live in an apartment or condo and don’t have access to a charger, then that could be an issue.

Regarding the urban commuter focus, wouldn't that mean many bikes used this way, in a city, would be parked on the street at night? Where will those folks be plugging in?

Yes it is small. The most dramatic dimension is just how narrow it is. It reminds me of a first gen Ninja 250. The lack of heat means that one can easily flat foot it as the person's legs can go straight down from the seat to the floor. Very easy to grip with the knees as well.

I wouldn't street park any bike. I have had a bike stolen and it was awful. I live in a city and commute from my house in one city to my office in another city. I assume that is the case for a lot of people. When I lived in an apartment in Fort Worth I still had a garage. I would say that is required for most bikes purely for security purposes. I am paranoid due to my prior experiences.

Do you keep it charged when you don't use it? Or just monitor the battery every now and then?
I have not been keeping it plugged in. I just charge as needed. From a normal 120v outlet I am drawing 1.5kW. I have a 6.6kW charger at work and the bike pulls 4.2kW. Seems enough so far to just charge as needed. I do not plan to get a higher voltage outlet in my garage. There is an app and the dash shows the state of charge. You can use the app to route to chargers. I haven't had the need yet. Still in the infancy stages of ownership.

Back