• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Loaner tools available

JT

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
J
Last Name
T
This thread is for requests for loaner tools. I just spent about $80 for this official KTM wrench to hold the flywheel/stator on my 690 while removing the nut holding the flywheel/stator to the crankshaft. The manual warns to not attempt other means of locking the crank. I’ll be using this wrench sometime in the next few weeks to remove/replace the cam chain and tensioner on my old 690.

This seemed like a good time to start a loaner tool thread. I hope that we can share some tools without everyone spending the bucks. I will offer this tool and the flywheel removal tool for a 690 to any registered member who needs them. Let me know if you need it and I will ship it to you, you can use it and ship it back. Members who have other specialized bike tools may offer or request the loan of the tools in this thread.

So, if you need a tool, ask for it here, maybe someone can loan it to you.
And if you see this thread bumped to the top, click and read it. You may be able to help an inmate out.

Attachments

• 0966051F-5C8B-473F-8B69-5AC2E9AF2CE3.jpeg
    0966051F-5C8B-473F-8B69-5AC2E9AF2CE3.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hmmm... maybe it's be easier if I ship my bike to you to use the tool on? ;-)

What are you doing to your 690 to need this tool?

Hmmm... maybe it's be easier if I ship my bike to you to use the tool on? ;-)

What are you doing to your 690 to need this tool?
Replacing cam chain, cc tensioner, cc rails, the whole cc shebang. There may be a safe way to hold the crank while removing the big rotor nut, but the manual warns about possible damage using alternative methods.

Lots of safer and cheaper ways , they didn’t get all of your money when you bought it so they're still trying , impact will zip it off in seconds without even holding the flywheel , if no air wrench stick a wad of rope down the sparkplug hole and rotate the flywheel till it stops then put a hand wrench to it .

The flywheel puller is a different story , bought one for my Beta last year but it was less than 40 bucks so no big deal

Back