• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Local Susp tuner

Reaction score
You guys know of a someone who does dependable susp work as a side job? Houston area. I just want some springs changed in my offroad forks. With all due respect I do not want to use the two big shops in Houston. Thanks.

Just a spring swap I’d easy. If you were closer I could do it. For more advanced tuning, I am pretty sure Konflict Motorsports just relocated to Austin

Just a spring swap I’d easy. If you were closer I could do it. For more advanced tuning, I am pretty sure Konflict Motorsports just relocated to Austin
Thanks. If I can't find someone here there is a good chance we will be in K-ville soon visiting friends. I'll buy lunch or whatever if we can get together. Spring only(1).

Hence forward for the next year I will only be in San Antonio on the weekends. So just shoot me a pm when you’ll be in the area.

You guys know of a someone who does dependable susp work as a side job? Houston area. I just want some springs changed in my offroad forks. With all due respect I do not want to use the two big shops in Houston. Thanks.
you might want to contact the folks at Motorcycles Unlimited.

bob's bumpsticks!! He's at Motorcycles Unlimited.

Interested!
I might want someone to rebuild a dirt bike shock for me

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Round Rock, so not even close, is Doc at 812 Suspension. He rebuilt my DR rear shock and it's miles ahead of stock. He started on KTM's but has branched out. Works out of his garage.

Round Rock, so not even close, is Doc at 812 Suspension. He rebuilt my DR rear shock and it's miles ahead of stock. He started on KTM's but has branched out. Works out of his garage.
+1 for Doc at 812 Suspension. He works out of his garage but it is a freaking suspension laboratory!

Thanks to all, appreciate all the suggestions. I should not have said "tuner", just want someone familiar with the disassembly and familiar with simply changing the springs. No doubt there are several guys doing this stuff regularly for themselves and friends etc. I am pretty much done with shipping my stuff to any of the "gurus" for several reasons. Thanks again.

But bike on stand , remove handlebars , unscrew top of the fork remove old spring , put in new spring , reinstall top. The end.

If you just want to change springs, I could help you with that. Are they Showa or Kayaba? While they are apart, might as well put in some new seals and fluid.

Thank you. Everything else new less than 4 hours. Showa. Waiting on springs, will holler. Lunch or whatever on me at your fav place.

Hey Irish, what brand/model bike are they on?

Thank you. Everything else new less than 4 hours. Showa. Waiting on springs, will holler. Lunch or whatever on me at your fav place.
My favorite place is Quinn's Almost By the Sea on the big island (Hawaii). If I help you then lunch is on you?:-P

My favorite place is Quinn's Almost By the Sea on the big island (Hawaii). If I help you then lunch is on you?:-P
I'll send my plane. He will buzz your house three times and then drop a sling. You need to be a very fast runner so the sudden jerk doesn't hurt too much. You'll also need to provide your own flight meals, we dropped in-flight meals last year, don't want you getting weak and losing your grip on the wing. But Jbird is in the catbird seat presently, he's such a fine young man.

Back