• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lone Star Loop Benefit Ride April 20th 2019

vfaame

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Buck
I intend to complete a benefit ride in the honor and name of the donors that support our physically and psychologically wounded vets and domestic first responders. All proceeds received will be sent directly to Motorcycle Relief Project. Outlined below is the information concerning when, where, and why this benefit ride is taking place.
2019 benefit ride for Motorcycle Relief Project(MRP)
The ride- Texas lone star loop, a 2100 mile Dual sport ride that circles North, South, Central and East Texas. The ride is an 70-30 dirt ride that will take 5-7 days to complete. The link to the info on the loop can be seen here*http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100156
When- Start date will be Saturday, April 20th*2019 and will end between April 24th*-26th 2019.
Where- I will be starting in Castroville outside of San Antonio and returning to the same spot 5-7 days later. I would encourage others to start and finish as they can along the loop. Any section you complete will earn you a commemorative sticker. Anyone that completes the entire loop will receive a commemorative dog tag.
Why- I am compelled to donate my time, money, and effort as well as request donations and participation from each of you to help these veterans and first responders reach out and get help in any way I can. My goals are in line with MRP and the money raised will help them offer useful tools for stress management in overcoming trauma, and to steer participants toward further treatment for their injuries. The cost for a single rider hosted by MRP is $3,000. Any donation amount is very much appreciated and I have set a goal to raise enough money to cover 3 riders next year. Each rider or donor has a goal to raise $3,000, and even if this goal is not reached, any amount will help support a relief rider with PTSD or other battle scars from combat abroad or first responder for domestic traumas. Please visit the website www.motorelief.org for more information.
All proceeds will go to this cause.Any donations received will be sent to this website-*www.motorelief.org/donate. I will be using Paypal due to the percentage that Go Fund Me and associated websites charge.* If you require receipt for tax purposes or just want to donate directly to the orginization, please in the notes during donation Texas moto relief ride to help me keep track of my goal. when the ride is complete, I will donate the procededs and post the paypal receipt in twitter, TWT, and facebook. This is a ride your own ride event. Anyone interested in riding a day section, the entire loop, or anything in-between please post here.*

This will be mostly camping depending on weather, more to come as the planing develops.

Twitter- texas moto relief ride@reliefmoto

Paypal- Paypal.me/texasmotorelief

Facebook- ourmotomag.com

www.motorelief.org/donate

I've done a good portion of the loop, really the southern and western quadrants.

To expect to complete the 2100 miles in 5-7 days is ambitious, especially if this is a group ride and you are also playing babysitter. 2100 miles over 6 days is 350/day. Averaging 50mph, you will have seven days of riding 7 hours a day. Its certainly do-able for the right rider, I regularly ride 8-10 days on trips, but I know a lot of riders couldn't hang.

I'm not trying to be negative, hope you don't take it that way. In fact as soon as I read the title I wanted to join, i love enduro rides.

The most scenic part is the bottom half of the route. It is for a great cause.

:clap:

RB

I've done a good portion of the loop, really the southern and western quadrants.

To expect to complete the 2100 miles in 5-7 days is ambitious, especially if this is a group ride and you are also playing babysitter. 2100 miles over 6 days is 350/day. Averaging 50mph, you will have seven days of riding 7 hours a day. Its certainly do-able for the right rider, I regularly ride 8-10 days on trips, but I know a lot of riders couldn't hang.

I'm not trying to be negative, hope you don't take it that way. In fact as soon as I read the title I wanted to join, i love enduro rides.

no worries, :zen: I understand. this is a ride your own ride and honestly would be surprised to have any one for the entire loop but have done the math and I have done bits an pieces before this was the lone star loop. I do have the additional days of and money if it becomes an issue but I have always set high goals and work to achieve them. there are a lot of variables involved, bike, weather, tires and such that are had to plan for and in my opinion is what makes an adventure ride.

saying that I would love to have the company but It is a long ride and there is a lot of ground to cover. happy to have some company for a bit or the whole thing but as you know 2100 miles is a long way :rider:

Honestly, I have wanted to to this ride for a while and just found the excuse to do it. 2 birds with one stone and all of that.

On the home stretch of planning on this. Will be about avge 350 miles per day at 6-7 days. Overnight spots picked out and getting last min details together. Of course the route and duration will be subject to change due to weather. I will be Post Up Here Along The Ride. Feel free to jump in anywhere on the route. I will post up full route and stops in the next couple of days. Please donate to the above links at any time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Due to a sudden family issue, I will be rescheduling this trip.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back