• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Long Distance Riding

Reaction score
Has anyone been to Americade in the Adirondack Mountains of New York? A group of us are planning a trip this June from Plano area.

I have never been to Americade, but I have a place in Pittsfield Mass. (about 40 miles east of Albany. I have been up there a few times with the bike. I can tell you that there is not a bad road up there, even the interstates are nice. Speeds can kill you or they do me (55 on most roads) so watch your speed. Deer are everywhere when the sun starts to go down, and it gets cold at night.

I ended up at Americade by accident in the Summer of '02. Got down about the Lake George area coming down from the Adirondacks and started seeing vehicals and trailers about. Got a really reasonable motel where ever I was. Asked a few people setting up trailers with goods to sell what was happening and they looked at me strange. You mean you didn't know about Americade? Oh well, when you're a loner running solo in the back country you miss all the news. ha ha ha Kinda hung about the next day and checked a few things out before continueing on my way to Maine. Very neat roads, slow speed limits pretty much enforced.

Thing I hate most about the East is the Historic Marker placement. They have them right along the side of the road with no place to pull over and read them. Guess you would have to have your camera ready and shoot them that are big enough on the fly and read them later.

Back