• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Long-Shot Seat Question

j650gs

Reaction score
Would anyone have, or know where I might could find a “tall” seat for a 650gs or Dakar (other than ordering a new one or conversion kit)?
d2cc0bb9b404f27a3f1108694d8332b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, I've scoured the forums everywhere in search of one, nice looking bike by the way!

Thanks. Bit the bullet and ordered a new one last night.

Which one did you go with? Also, if you remember let me know how it fits, I'm looking to get another seat

Went with the Seat Concepts. Good reviews on the 650gs for comfort as well. While I was at it, ordered a pair of Doubletake Enduro mirrors. Not much else to do to it other than the front fork swap. Was bone stock when I got it 5 years ago.

I'm about to purchase a Seat Concepts tall seat for my 650gs. Did you get the kit? If so, let me know how involved it was to install it.

I went with the full seat. I’ve turned a lot of wrenches but upholstery is not my thing. Although, from watching the videos, it really doesn’t look that difficult.

Seat Concepts tall (Dakar) seat arrived today. First impressions of
45df0fcf620545222b1a48d3536a2193.jpg
04095be77198c487f80b65b1fedd903d.jpg
the full seat purchase:
Fit is tight (good thing). Took some time to get things lined up and latched.
Quality looks and feels good (did not ride due to rain).
Much more forgiving on the rear end.
Much different seating position. You are not forced to the front. I like riding on the tank but I also like to move around some. More upright than in a hole forced forward.
And most of all....I could not get past the look of the bike with the giant “U” in the middle. Looks like it should now, in my opinion.
Before and after pics:

Orrrrrrr, you could save yourselves all the bother and buy my 06 Dakar that's got all the farkles you guys are talking about. Ready to ride. Lol Make ya a heck of a deal.

Wanna chopper that I’ve rusted out the tins on??? Got it running (cleaned the carb, new fuel filter, fired right up). Needs to go! I’ve had it 6 years, put about 50 miles on it....
0f8ff1e6276d77a04cc8a9f7706d19ac.jpg

Looks like we are in the same boat, trying to thin out the herd. PM me all the info on it. Also, you'll find my 06 in the FS forum a few pages back by now.

David

And it's got the same seat you just bought too. Doh...

Go figure. All I need now is the bigger front wheel!

Now I remember....the very clean Dakar with the fork conversion (jealous). Why me!!

That's the one...thanks. I put a lot of time into it. It's a great scoot. I just decided to go another way.

Why didn’t I do this 6 years ago! Took a little spin today to try out the new seat. Rode about 50 miles. LOVE it! The taller seating position, the comfort, all of the above. Butt was not on fire the first 5 minutes into the ride. Bike feels different, sounds different and looks different. Well worth the wait. Leaving for Kerrville Monday, can’t wait for some longer seat time.

Reactions: my6
The seat height looks taller than 1" from the stock seat in your photos. Is that just an illusion? Sure does look nice without the "U". I'm second guessing my decision to staple the cover to my seatpan but I really need to put a new seat on my bike asap. How much was the shipping for the complete seat?

It’s definitely more than 1” and feels like 4”. I’ll post a pic tomorrow of both. Here is the drive out info:
db6cc6190a957412f1e70c1d3519f5f5.jpg

Not sure if this helps much, but you get the idea. Not dished out as much.
3b354ed0867a062848e9c879c69d0842.jpg
c0bee53173fb59a75b471fcd2d19cc46.jpg

Back