• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Long time lurking, possible 2008 Bandit being purchased

Reaction score
Been visiting this forum for nearly 7 years keeping up with the Bandit thread during this period.
I've had numerous bikes during this time and just know have an opportunity to purchase a Bandit.
I have a person interested in a trade of my big comfy 2012 Road Star S offering his black 08 Bandit w/full hard case set up in trade with some cash. We're meeting next week so we can ride each others bikes for a while, and then hopefully be able to reach agreement on a deal.
Is there anything in particular I should look for when inspecting and riding the Bandit?? Are there any problem items to be aware of before or after purchase? How likely am I to encounter "fuel pump" issues with this bike?
Thanks in advance and I'll post an update if/when the purchase is done.

Y'all ride safe

I have 40,000 miles on mine and it rides/runs great. I took out my fuel pump yesterday and replaced the filter, all was clean but looked original. I don't want to be stranded though and I think I am going to buy a new fuel pump (less than $100) replace it and keep the one that's running the bike now in my trunk as I know it works so it will be a good backup. Where I ride it can be a long way to civilization so I don't want to take any chances.
Mine has a few upgrades including exhaust, intake mods and a tuner. They are nice stock but it's easy to get some extra HP out of them if you're so inclined.
Myself I have tried the cruiser style bikes and they're not for me. I don't want to be hunched over riding a football either. I'm 6'1" and 65 years old and I really find the Bandits to be comfortable for short or long rides.

Attachments

• bandit1.jpg
    bandit1.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 90
I have 40,000 miles on mine and it rides/runs great. I took out my fuel pump yesterday and replaced the filter, all was clean but looked original. I don't want to be stranded though and I think I am going to buy a new fuel pump (less than $100) replace it and keep the one that's running the bike now in my trunk as I know it works so it will be a good backup. Where I ride it can be a long way to civilization so I don't want to take any chances.
Mine has a few upgrades including exhaust, intake mods and a tuner. They are nice stock but it's easy to get some extra HP out of them if you're so inclined.
Myself I have tried the cruiser style bikes and they're not for me. I don't want to be hunched over riding a football either. I'm 6'1" and 65 years old and I really find the Bandits to be comfortable for short or long rides.
Yes, Sir. I agree 100% and you have the right color!! :sun:

Back