• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Longhorn Tavern & Steakhouse - Bryan, TX

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
WHAT:
Longhorn Tavern

WHERE:
1900 E SH21
Bryan, Texas
979-778-3900

Longhorn Tavern is located at the intersection of State Highway 21 and Business State Highway 6 in Bryan. You can't miss it. It's painted the most God-awful Aggie-maroon color there is. In the building's earlier life, it was a livestock auction, so it has character.

They serve just about anything you could want, but my absolute favorite is their hamburgers and of course the tea. If you have a cast iron stomach try the burger with the jalapenos. They're good, but the peppers hate me! Longhorn also serves good steaks and the best lunch value in town. About $6 will get you a lunch special and it will fill even the biggest eaters. Make sure to get there early because around noon they are usually full and when the lunch special is gone it's gone.

Is Beetle's BBQ still around? I used to chow at the one out on Villa Maria and Loop 2818 next to an old 7-11 store before running out 21 to the old flight annex to work on projects in the hanger. They had the absolute best sauce of any place I have ever been. It did not over power the taste of the meat, it complimented it nicely! Never would tell me what was in it :-(

Beetle's went out of business quite a few years ago.

If you want really good BBQ here, try Martin's at S College Ave and Sulphur Springs. Just turn north on College from University Dr by TAMU and go north. They've been there forever. And if the toothless waitresses there can eat the BBQ you know it's tender!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's painted the most God-awful Aggie-maroon color there is.

:lol: :lol: I guess any place in Bryan/CS named Longhorn anything had better be painted Aggie-maroon or it would probably get leveled. :P

Thanks for the info, I am always looking for good eatin places when I am out on a ride.

Back