• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for a Honda vehicle?

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am not the type to waste time with reviews. I believe a product/service should do what it is supposed to anyway, but in this case, I hope to maybe help someone else who might be looking as we were.

We were in the market for a new 2020 Honda Ridgeline, and of course, did some shopping around. I have not bought from a Houston area dealership since four vehicles ago, as all I’ve found have been a bunch of arrogant, rip off artists. Since the trim/color combination we wanted was a bit hard to find though, it was with great skepticism that I decided to try Community Honda in Baytown. Our salesman was Gregory Hunter, and he’s one of those guys who I just clicked with right off the bat. Older gentleman, neatly dressed and groomed, listens before talking. Ended up with a very pleasant experience, what we consider a great price, and exactly the vehicle we wanted, even though they had to bring it in from another dealership. I can’t predict what you might end up with, as each deal can be so different, but I would highly recommend trying Gregory as he’s a genuine good guy who really made me feel like he actually had my best interest at heart, not just the dealership. He was “old school”; more interested in a satisfied customer, than just making a sale. Hope this helps someone.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

LOL, ok. Trust by verify, right?

I’ve been thinking about getting a Ridgeline in a few years. Can you tell me why you chose one and what you like about it?

We chose the Ridgeline because it just fits our need for an urban truck. We don't go off-roading, so something that's comfortable and yet can haul stuff is the best combination for us. With it's independent suspension, it rides like a dream, yet can haul both bikes, tow a trailer, etc. The intelligent torque vectoring is pretty sweet too for the times you need it and it has all the bells and whistles to satisfy.

If I didn't need to tow, I'd have a Ridgeline, congratulations on a beautiful new truck

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Is that Ridgeline rear wheel or front or AWD. We have a Honda CRV and have loved it but probably getting new Honda this spring.

It's AWD. If you're wanting to add a truck bed, more space, and more technology to your CR-V, that's what you'll have with one of these.

Is the ride more plush than a truck? For comparison, I have a 2013 Ram 1500 crew cab.

Is the ride more plush than a truck? For comparison, I have a 2013 Ram 1500 crew cab.
Ridgeline's ride feels more like a sedan. Also, I have seen Ridgelines with over 300k on the clock and the body/chassis doesn’t make creaking noises because it’s a unibody frame. Also, 30ish mpg...They really are great for your everyday needs. I currently drive a cargo van but my next vehicle will be a Ridgeline

Yep, what he said. Great ride, very plush.

It's AWD. If you're wanting to add a truck bed, more space, and more technology to your CR-V, that's what you'll have with one of these.
We bought the CRV and never even gave a thought to the Ridgeline. Big mistake on my part.

LOL, yep, Ridgeline is an awesome vehicle, but that wasn't the intent of this thread :lol2: Wanted to recommend a great salesman/dealership experience that I had, and hope someone else might be in the market who could use them.

Too cool .... I love older more mature folks in every way. Probably me getting older.

A good friend has a Ridgeline and it is awesome. Sealed storage below the bed, rides like an Accord, a lot of room and the AWD can tow 5K. If you need 7K towing, you need a truck. The problem I see with most new trucks is the bed length. My 2005 Tundra Access cab has a 6.5 bed. Lower the tailgate and carry 8' plywood w/o a flag. A 12 ft 2x anything is the limit. If you need to haul longer lumber, you need a 12 ft + trailer.
I watched several YouTube reports and the Ridgeline is a very capable off road vehicle. It won't do the Rubicon bit is a very good off road vehicle.

My buddy Brian (Bluehammer67) bought a Ridgeline last December as a work truck. I happened to be lucky enough to drive it home from Houston the night he bought it. It's turning out to be a great utility truck and easily pulls a heavily loaded box trailer. Plus, it's as comfortable as a full sized car, and the stereo is killer!

My buddy Brian (Bluehammer67) bought a Ridgeline last December as a work truck. I happened to be lucky enough to drive it home from Houston the night he bought it. It's turning out to be a great utility truck and easily pulls a heavily loaded box trailer. Plus, it's as comfortable as a full sized car, and the stereo is killer!
Hi Tim. Is it rear wheel drive.

It's AWD. They come in front wheel drive, or AWD. I think every one I've seen is AWD. Car & Driver did a 30K test on an AWD model, and opened the write-up by stating they could put to rest any rumors that the Ridgeline isn't a real truck. They used it to haul work trailers, motorcycle trailers, and camping trailers, and had no complaints about power or ability to manhandle the trailers. What they DIDN'T test was pulling a larger hardside trailer, although I'm sure it could handle a 3500 lb hardside with no real issues.

I am on my second Ridgeline, I traded my 2013 in with 140,000 miles and Keating Honda in Conroe gave me $12,500 for it. I ended up with a 2020 RTL-E in Lunar Silver Metallic. The 2020 is not as truck like as the 2013 but wow does it have the features and gets 20 to 24 MPG where the 2013 was doing 17 to 20 MPG. The 2013 had a different AWD system with a button to engage it, the new AWD system is totally automatic and has three traction settings. I plan on driving the new one for 10 years. Oh and the NAV on the 2020 is a Garmin, plus it has Apple play. The cab is about 6" wider than all the competition.

Ridgeline's ride feels more like a sedan. Also, I have seen Ridgelines with over 300k on the clock and the body/chassis doesn’t make creaking noises because it’s a unibody frame. Also, 30ish mpg...They really are great for your everyday needs. I currently drive a cargo van but my next vehicle will be a Ridgeline

Man I only have a ~2000 miles on my 2020 RTL-E, getting 24 MPG at best I hope it creeps up to 30ish MPG when its broken in.

Ridgeline is still a truck, and rated at 19city/24hwy with an overall of 21 combined. We're still at less than 1,000 miles, but right at that average so far.

Back