• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for a Shop for Suspension work for Touring

Traxx

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Do ya'll have any recommendations for a suspension shop in North Texas?
What I want addressed
1. Weight..... I have it. 250ish geared up, with the possibility of a passenger and luggage. So adjustable is a must.
2. Ride height, I would like to gain a little.
3. Able to deal with rough paved roads and interstate.

Have you already looked at Progressive Suspension? For H-D they've got lots of choices including longer and higher capacity springs. And most if not all have the preload adjuster like factory shocks.

Progressive 444's in the rear. Cartridge kit up front. You can save a little money up front going with roadster length damper rods and progressive springs if your bike is a '15 or earlier. When they switched all the sporty's to cartridge forks, they took away the full height option. I can't get an answer from the dealers on what it will take to get them back to proper height, so I won't ever buy a newer one except maybe for the current Roadster. I'm in fort worth every day if you want to check out the setup of my Dyna.

I can't rave enough about the Traxxion suspension on my Wing. WELL worth it.
Same here. AK20's on the B-King and ZX14R. One of my sons had them revalve & rebuild both the OEM rear shock and forks on his SV1000s. He was very pleased with them as well and for much less than just an AK kit.

Same here. AK20's on the B-King and ZX14R. One of my sons had them revalve & rebuild both the OEM rear shock and forks on his SV1000s. He was very pleased with them as well and for much less than just an AK kit.

OEM Harley shocks are throwaways. The forks need no special tools or skills to work on.

Back