• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for a standard, <$1,500

Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Need (or is it want?) a cheap bike. Needs to be $1,500 or lower, have an upright seating position (not a cruiser and not a sport bike) and not need a rebuild. Don't care about the looks, obviously, at my expected price. :-P Anything from 400-650cc's is preferable, but I'm flexible on that.

I'm very patient, so if y'all see one that you think might work, point me in that direction please.

An old KLR would work and be in that price range. Shoot Pkiser a PM. He has one sitting in his garage right not that rarely gets ridden. It is not perfect cosmetically, but I have ridden it and the motor runs great! He needs to make room, so he might be willing to sell it.

Yeah, the KLR's fit that bill pretty good but at that price it won't last too long. There's an 89 KLR on Austin C/L for $1500 right now, but there's gotta be something amiss since it's been up awhile.
I sold my 98 KLR for $2k a week ago within 12 hours of posting...

John B

Back