• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for comments on European Cycle Sports service

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
I need to have my Ducati serviced, anybody have experience with European Cycle Sports in Plano?

I've used them in the past when I had a Ducati. Also AMS in Dallas and Eurosport in Fort Worth. All were expensive, but I would give the nod to AMS.

They're my local BMW shop & as bjhughes has said, hourly shop rates are high... but who isn't these days? When I have service work that needs to be performed and that I can't do on my own, I have them service my K1200S. And while I can't speak about the quality of their service on Ducati's, their work has been satisfactory. The service manager is a pretty good guy too.

I have had plenty of experience with their service with 3 different bikes purchased from that dealership. A BMW 1200GSA, a BMW 1250RT, and a Triumph Street Triple. Several bad experiences with their service department is the single reason that I don't do business with that dealership any longer. Multiple instances of not performing all the work requested on a scheduled appointment, only to realize that when I showed up to pick up the bike and had to wait over 5 hours each time to get all the work done that was on the original work order. I have had bikes come back from an annual service covered in oil, leaking oil filters after service, failure to install all of the factory bolts on a engine cowl and as a result it rattled completely loose and was dragging the ground on the way home - in all a very half *** experience on multiple occasions. I had them install a tail tidy on the Street Triple only to realize when I got home they wired the rear turn signals backwards and the left/right were reversed. I don't live close and had to drive an hour back to get them to fix it afterward, which required another 4 hours of waiting for them to correct their mistake. I escalated to their service manager on each occasion and multiple times to their GM with no real change in experience. I feel like I gave them every opportunity to fix the problem and while they always said all the right things, nothing seemed to change. Recently a friend of mine purchased a Speed Triple from Eurosport in Ft. Worth, even though he lives only a couple of miles from the Plano dealership. I warned him of my experience with the Plano service department, but he still went ahead and took his Speed Triple in their for his first service as well as to install the front cowl he purchased for the bike. They stripped out 2 bolts in trying to get his TFT removed to install the cowl as well as damaged the wiring on the TFT. He had to wait 3 weeks for Triumph to send a replacement to get his bike back running. Also, as we were riding last weekend we noticed a buildup of oil on his engine case and discovered his filter is leaking. He is now in my camp on using them for service.

That being said, my sales experiences with them has always been good and they have sold two of my bikes for me (consignment) and I have no complaints on those experiences either. Their part department is great as well. I just can't deal with their service inadequacies any longer, especially given what it costs to have a dealer do the service.

I have had plenty of experience with their service with 3 different bikes purchased from that dealership. A BMW 1200GSA, a BMW 1250RT, and a Triumph Street Triple. Several bad experiences with their service department is the single reason that I don't do business with that dealership any longer. Multiple instances of not performing all the work requested on a scheduled appointment, only to realize that when I showed up to pick up the bike and had to wait over 5 hours each time to get all the work done that was on the original work order. I have had bikes come back from an annual service covered in oil, leaking oil filters after service, failure to install all of the factory bolts on a engine cowl and as a result it rattled completely loose and was dragging the ground on the way home - in all a very half *** experience on multiple occasions. I had them install a tail tidy on the Street Triple only to realize when I got home they wired the rear turn signals backwards and the left/right were reversed. I don't live close and had to drive an hour back to get them to fix it afterward, which required another 4 hours of waiting for them to correct their mistake. I escalated to their service manager on each occasion and multiple times to their GM with no real change in experience. I feel like I gave them every opportunity to fix the problem and while they always said all the right things, nothing seemed to change. Recently a friend of mine purchased a Speed Triple from Eurosport in Ft. Worth, even though he lives only a couple of miles from the Plano dealership. I warned him of my experience with the Plano service department, but he still went ahead and took his Speed Triple in their for his first service as well as to install the front cowl he purchased for the bike. They stripped out 2 bolts in trying to get his TFT removed to install the cowl as well as damaged the wiring on the TFT. He had to wait 3 weeks for Triumph to send a replacement to get his bike back running. Also, as we were riding last weekend we noticed a buildup of oil on his engine case and discovered his filter is leaking. He is now in my camp on using them for service.

That being said, my sales experiences with them has always been good and they have sold two of my bikes for me (consignment) and I have no complaints on those experiences either. Their part department is great as well. I just can't deal with their service inadequacies any longer, especially given what it costs to have a dealer do the service.
Perfect example of why folks seek out a private tech who does work in a home shop etc. Sad dealership stories that seem to never end.

Back