• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking For GPS tracks SW of Houston

Reaction score
Does anybody have GPS tracks for SW part of Houston? Looking for new places to ride and possibly organize group rides for this area.

Image below is the area is am interested in. Tracks can be GPX or KML format.

Thanks, Joe

There is nothing out there that is worthy of keeping a track of just get a map and go ride , there is very little gravel and no public land so everything is on the state highway map .

Reactions: JMZ
Agreed. I rode east from Stockdale area last spring to Brazos Bend state park (which is very nice) and it was all paved. I think the land is so low that it’s mostly all built up with with paved roads. I took the scenic route but it was just going through five or ten acre subdivisions. Still pretty area but not back country roads.

Couldn’t even get dirt on the bike. Bugs, yesss

Check out Ezzell on a map. Good roads around there. Also , Meriden on the forum has some pretty good routes. You just need to head out a little farther West of Houston to get to some better roads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Joe,

Any updates on organizing a ride? I have a few .gpx tracks (or can make them) heading out of Katy, around the Brazos, to BBSP, etc... They are all paved, but I have been exploring it attempt to come up with a real dual sport route. I am not all that interested in long, paved rides on my little CRF250L but love sub-100 mile day trips. I hope to pick up a real GPS unit soon as I am just using the GPX viewer on an Android phone and Furkot.

Back