• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for riding buddies around Lake Charles.

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
I'm looking for a few local guys to show me around the area attractions.

I can hold my own on the bike, but it's been a while since I was riding dirt regularly and I'm on a bike that I just finished getting back on the trail. I can't say that I will be fast...

I just don't want to ride alone for a variety of reasons.

I'm in Lake Charles and know I'll probably have to trailer an hour or two to ride.

If you know anybody or know of any other resources, please let me know.

Thanks- Joel

He'd probably have better luck playing the accordion over there. :jammin:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvExPAHT_TM"]Kip Drordy has 0 friends - YouTube[/ame]

Just rolled through there on the way to Baton Rouge tonight with all the
rain you may need a swamp buggy instead of a bike

I love you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I’m in Beaumont- if the good lord ever sees fit to provide us with adequate weather to satisfy the park rangers we go to Kisatchie nf. If the stars align - you’re welcome to tag along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Translating for my old riding buddy...

I can hold my own on the bike...
Read: I'll be waiting for you at the cross roads. Every time.

He's probably the most friendly guy you'd ever meet. He likes people.

I'm in Lake Charles and know I'll probably have to trailer an hour or two to ride.
Read: Unless I can string together a bunch of dirt roads less than say, oh 600 miles. Then I'll just ride there.

RJ,

I've been meaning to ride Kisatchie with JD ever since the sold me the Sherco. Love to ride with you again, too. If you guys get something going, post up. Maybe JMZ will come if he can start the pig or SB if he's not on one of his 4000 mile weekends.

m

Those are some of the nicest things someone has ever said about me...

I can hold my own on the bike, but it's been a while since I was riding dirt regularly and I'm on a bike that I just finished getting back on the trail. I can't say that I will be fast...

If you know anybody or know of any other resources, please let me know.

Thanks- Joel
[emoji12]
97195c56b224c1fb42b6790bfd321315.jpg

Sounds good Meriden! As usual- one of the biggest problems with the forest other than they are so picky about conditions is getting accurate information about whether or not they are going to be open, or if the entrance road is closed etc. Website is not accurate, the recording is not accurate, usually no way to get a human. It is always a joy when I️ plan, load up and drive 2+ hours and find that they are closed or some other excuse.
Not fast but I’m persistent.

Sounds good Meriden! As usual- one of the biggest problems with the forest other than they are so picky about conditions is getting accurate information about whether or not they are going to be open, or if the entrance road is closed etc. Website is not accurate, the recording is not accurate, usually no way to get a human. It is always a joy when I️ plan, load up and drive 2+ hours and find that they are closed or some other excuse.
Not fast but I’m persistent.

Not sure about La. but SHNF no time soon.:giveup:

I can hold my own on the bike,

Thanks- Joel

Joel instead of holding your own grip the bars, you will probably get more folks to ride with you that way:rofl::rofl:

That girl has taken a trip or two...

How's she doing? You tore her down, right?

I rebuilt the top end but it had a problem before that and it's still there. When riding, it misses about once every 10 - 15 seconds. Pretty sure it's electrical but haven't figured it out yet. It's almost like punching the kill switch as I'm going along. Kinda suspect it's something to do with the pulse pickup in the ignition. It's only is noticeable when riding. If the bike is idleing and I rev it up, I never hear it miss. Possibly a loose ground somewhere. I've 2 other bike projects I need to get completed so I can spend some time on it.

Last edited:
Back