• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for Seat Upholstery - Near Houston if possible

jerryc

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
The seat on my 78 KZ750B has a couple of small tears so I am looking to see if anyone can recommend a good upholsterer at a reasonable price preferably in the Houston area.

I want it to look like the stock seat.

Last edited:
I wish I could say that I did, i know they are out there. You might check with a car dealer, when my son bought a truck they threw in an aftermarket leather upholstery to seal the deal. The area just west of the City of Bellaire has a lot of mom and pop auto repair shops and upholsterers but I just don't have any single one to recommend.
A Harley dealer's service manager may also have some good tips.

Dave.

Thanks Dave

I will check with a couple of dealers nearby to see if they could help me

Westside Upholstery 1467 Brittmoore Rd. Houston 713-932-6501. They redid a Corbin seat for me several years ago. I bought a used bike that came with a Corbin seat, but it did not fit me. Westside redid the foam and had me come in and try it before they covered it. They did a very good job.

These guys did a completely custom seat for my Scrambler for an amazing price
Saldana upholstery
16015 Hwy 6, Rosharon, TX 77583
(281) 489-2580

Thanks to both of you

I live about 5 miles from Westside so I will check them out first

Westside Upholstery 1467 Brittmoore Rd. Houston 713-932-6501. They redid a Corbin seat for me several years ago. I bought a used bike that came with a Corbin seat, but it did not fit me. Westside redid the foam and had me come in and try it before they covered it. They did a very good job.
I was going to suggest that same place. I work just down the road from there and had coworker get car seats redone a few years ago. Did good work. Really I would think any auto upholstery shop could do it. Also might check a furniture restoration place.

Called Westside and they estimated $250 to recover the seat. Does that sound reasonable?

Not really sure what the going rate is but I suppose it depends on what you are doing. if it has a lot of patterned stitching you have to match then it may be a decent price. Plain flat marine grade vinyl with black piping maybe not. They may bill per hour like mechanics and body shops, not sure. So maybe 3 hours at $80/ hr plus $10 in material. Just a guess but makes sense to me

I am going to check a couple of other places that have been recommended. I don't mind $250 if that's the going rate.

It does have patterned stitching so it is more work.

Back