• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for Woodlands/Spring area riders

girth

Reaction score
Greetings all. I am looking for other riders in the Woodlands/Spring area. I am still pretty new to riding, but I am picking it up like I was born riding bikes :-)

I bought my first bike (2005 Honda VTX 1300R) this weekend on Saturday and put about 250 miles on it already. Did the 1488->149->105 route on Sunday and I really liked the scenic view. Looking forward to finding more of these "trails".

I am looking for a group of people that just want to go out and ride and not tear up the roads seeing how fast our bikes can go. So if you want the same, let me know and I will ride with you anytime.

Howdy Mike,

:tab Welcome to the site. There are plenty of folks here that are happy to just cruise and enjoy the ride ;-)

Adios,

Me too, I live in Tomball, but the woodlands is only a few minutes away from me, well, at least at the speed I usually ride :lol:

Welcome Mike, I live in the Woodlands, but family deeds don not let my ride much.

I am looking for a group of people that just want to go out and ride and not tear up the roads seeing how fast our bikes can go

eeeeh, never mind :roll:

You coming out tonight Raul?

Adios,

No, I do not want you to get me started about the elections results :-(

Actually I am in Odessa this week and I'll be going to OK and to Canada in the following weeks. Hopefuly I will be able to join you in about three or four weeks.

I'm in The Woodlands. No bike yet but hopefully sometime in the spring.

I got my license about a month ago after taking the MSF class in Magnolia. I rode back in the late 70's (KZ650) but sold it in 79 just prior to getting married. The wife-to-be and I were in our Mustang when we got clobbered from behind by a drunk driver. If we had been on the bike it probably would have been over for both of us, so under pressure from the love of my life (at that time) I sold it.

I've been getting the itch again and have been looking, checking web sites (just found this one tonight), reading magazines, etc. I'm really leaning towards an ST1100 at this point because I'm sure once I break the news to the current wife she'll want to ride along with me - once she gets over being pissed at me for buying it. :evil: :lol:

I work in retail so Saturdays and Sundays off are rare occasions for me, but it does get better after the holidays are over.

Howdy and welcome to the site! There is someone in the ForSale section that has an ST1100 for sale at what seemed a reasonable price. Even though you don't yet have a bike, feel free to come to any of the bike night events you see posted in the Upcoming Events forum ;-)

Adios,

Thanks, Scott. I've already been swapping mail with Doc regarding his ST. I wasn't planning on buying right away, but if the deal is right....

Hello from 4734,

I also am new to this site but not new to riding.
I started riding when I was 14 on a Suzuki TS-90 LOL, then on to a Honda SL125, Yamaha RD400 Daytona Spl., a couple of older Goldwings, a 99 Goldwing, a Superhawk then finally a BMW R1150RT. Phew!

My best trip was in Aug. 99 when I rode to the Canadian Rockies, Banff, Jasper National Parks then over to BC. On the way home I stopped off at the Grand Canyon for a day or two. I rode the 99 GW and pulled a camper trailer. Anyway it was a great trip that I will always remember total miles 6,550.

I sold that GW to a friend then jumped over to the Superhawk, boy that was a big jump. I couldn't ride the SH over 100 miles without being in wrist and back pain so I traded it off for the BMW last month.

My child is grown (I'm old, 47) and I usually don't have to work on weekends so I have plenty of time to ride.

Enough about me, I'm starting to bore myself, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Howdy 4734,

Welcome to the site. Got a first name? We ride most every weekend. We will be doing a bike night tomorrow evening at King's Cafe in Montgomery. Check the Upcoming events forum for details. Come on out and meet some of the other locals.

Adios,

Any chance all you guys might make it out to the bike night at King's Cafe this evening (Thu)? We will be there from 7-9pm. If you head West on Hwy 105 from Conroe, when you reach Montgomery, head North on FM 149 one block. King's is on the right.

Adios,

Back