• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looming Rubber Apocalypse

I can't like that, but it seems true. I'm 32, so I suppose I'm technically a "millennial", though I don't get along with them. Hard times are already here and it ain't getting better. My dad made substantially better money at my age, inflation adjusted of course. My brother, 25, who just got his master's degree is struggling to find a job. Decades of bad policy decisions are finally starting to bear fruit.
Dont get depressed over it. We are still the country every one in the world want to move to.
Iv got three kids that are millennials and all three are hard workers with good jobs or their own businesses. I believe its the up bringing not the age.
Just remember the Good old USA has been through rough times before and it takes hard times for most people to wake up and make positive changes in the status quo.

Yeah. I'm certainly not running off to anywhere else! I just wish there had been better stewardship so that we weren't in the **** storm we're dealing with today.

Dont get depressed over it. We are still the country every one in the world want to move to.
Iv got three kids that are millennials and all three are hard workers with good jobs or their own businesses. I believe its the up bringing not the age.
Just remember the Good old USA has been through rough times before and it takes hard times for most people to wake up and make positive changes in the status quo.

The media only covers the ones making all the trouble that are a deep minority.
The majority has been silent too long, but that can't last.
Save yourself. Turn off MSM now!! Crisis du jour? Well how many thousands died from murder hornets?
Awwww..... did they fall out of vogue??

Unfortunately my generation (gen-x) isn’t doing a real great job generally speaking. I get in trouble using a broad stroke of the brush like this, but it’s just my takeaway based on what I see. I hope I’m wrong, and maybe it’s just the way of the times or where I live, but I don’t see much accountability or responsibility. The younger people at work just don’t seem to have the same work ethic. Not that they are lazy, but everything revolves around them. Need extra time to finish the project? Nope. Out the door at exactly 5pm. They are also the ones who time their daily crap during the work hours and spend 30 minutes on their phone in the stall. Can’t pry that darn phone away, and by and large they are the ones screwing around on the phone while driving. Kids in my generation used to cut the grass and do other ”self sufficiency” training but I just don’t see that any more.

Unfortunately my generation (gen-x) isn’t doing a real great job generally speaking. I get in trouble using a broad stroke of the brush like this, but it’s just my takeaway based on what I see. I hope I’m wrong, and maybe it’s just the way of the times or where I live, but I don’t see much accountability or responsibility. The younger people at work just don’t seem to have the same work ethic. Not that they are lazy, but everything revolves around them. Need extra time to finish the project? Nope. Out the door at exactly 5pm. They are also the ones who time their daily crap during the work hours and spend 30 minutes on their phone in the stall. Can’t pry that darn phone away, and by and large they are the ones screwing around on the phone while driving. Kids in my generation used to cut the grass and do other ”self sufficiency” training but I just don’t see that any more.
I once got a warning ticket for speeding to work in the morning so "it" would be on the company time and get paid while I was in the little office.
Hey what about a devise that interrupts cell reception in restrooms, but can still dial 911 for emergency? We will save companies millions of dollars by being more productive. 19.95 ... order today and we will double the offer not only do you get one butt two Interrupters but free shipping and handling if you order today!

The younger people at work just don’t seem to have the same work ethic.

And when I run into one that does have that old school ethic, I go out of my way to tell them how I appreciate it, and let everyone around us know that as well, especially other employees ignoring customers. Heeeeer's yer sign. Home Depot anyone?

I once got a warning ticket for speeding to work in the morning so "it" would be on the company time and get paid while I was in the little office.
Hey what about a devise that interrupts cell reception in restrooms, but can still dial 911 for emergency? We will save companies millions of dollars by being more productive. 19.95 ... order today and we will double the offer not only do you get one butt two Interrupters but free shipping and handling if you order today!
Really all you need to do is make the crapper a faraday cage

according to another story on your link site, sand is in jeopardy as well. I had not heard either were in short supply.
NUTZ

I say turn off all news except sports and weather. We did years ago. I get enough news on TWT :)
Sports is mostly political now. I quit watching it a good while back. It`s a shame people won`t take Merle Haggards` advice .

I like sports and will continue to watch it. I have 3 kids in their 20s and they are all doing fine. My oldest started a software company a year ago after graduating from college. My middle child is a medical professional and still going to school for advanced degree. My youngest is a basketball player. So diverse, but doing good. They typically don't ask for anything even when we volunteer. Prices on many things are indeed up and sometimes it's hard to get restock, parts etc...but seen it before. Ebb and flow.

I like sports and will continue to watch it.

If they would stop any and all political virtue signaling, I might return. Especially NASCAR.
I tuned in to forget about all the troubles in the world, not have them shoved in my face.
That is NOT what sports entertainment is supposed to be about!!
I have thought about going to a San Antonio Missions game in the awesome park they have, just to see if one can still have a seat with a beer and just see a game. If I wanted politics I'd turn the **** TV back on. Not!

Get your favorite rubber products while you can. And I'm talking tires here, not those other round but much smaller things. Prices will go up for sure. Even if tire manufacturers do not have a raw material supply issue, they'll raise prices anyways because now they have the perfect excuse.

finally watched the video. some very interesting factoids in that.

Hey Grumpy, I did just that! I ordered a mushroom plug kit, now I'm looking for a specific CO2 inflator like I had years ago! I worked with a paintball gun CO2 bottle, took up minimum space, and carried enough pressure to air up a full size pickup truck tire!
Problem is, I can't find one like anywhere now!

Hey Laser dave, I too am a FORMER NASCAR fan, but haven't watched a race since a year after the debut of the COT....................All this crap about fair, feelings and political correctness turned me off too! I can promise you, I will NEVER return as a fan!

Reactions: JMZ
Back