• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

lost a good friend

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

Found out today that a good friend that I grew up with, worked with, in Durango, CO passed this week. We are the same age. Gutted, and I am feeling... well..**** old at times. He was a gem: always a smile, an emergency responder, all around great guy, etc. Well, yeah...it sucks.

Sorry for your loss. Yeah, it does suck.

One of my brothers would have been 66 today had he not passed away at age 48.

Way too soon.

:tab A hard part of getting older is losing friends that don't make it as long as you. My folks are both pushing 80 and they have lost a ton of friends and some siblings. I am only in my early 50s and already I have been losing folks. The attrition rate really seems to increase at 50+. In my mind, as much as it sucks to lose a good friend, at least I had a good friend to lose and I got to spend the time with them that we had. That beats never having a good friend at all.

I have lost many friends. Went to see one today in rest home. Really nothing wrong as far as being sick. He is 88 and just gave up once they put him there six months ago. He is no longer drinking fluids. I will miss him.
I have herd it said that the birth rate out numbers the death rate. Actually they are exactly the same. It is the dash between the two dates indicates the length of life on earth, but not the quality of life in the world. This is held in the heart of friendship and lives own.
One of my definitions I use to describe a true friend is, you can confide with each other and never have to say... please don't discuss this with anyone else.

Lucydad so sorry about your loss, but I know your friend lives on in your heart.

A very old poem, from Robert Frost's first book -1919-
The Trial by Existence-
Read it 3 times just to catch the full meaning.
https://www.bartleby.com/117/22.html

"‘Tis of the essence of life here,
Though we choose greatly, still to lack
The lasting memory at all clear,
That life has for us on the wrack
Nothing but what we somehow chose;
Thus are we wholly stripped of pride
In the pain that has but one close,
Bearing it crushed and mystified."

Last edited:
Mike,

Thank you... I am reminded, one more time, how fragile life is. Friends had a big wake for him in Durango.

Carpe Diem.

A very old poem, from Robert Frost's first book -1919-
The Trial by Existence-
Read it 3 times just to catch the full meaning.
https://www.bartleby.com/117/22.html

"‘Tis of the essence of life here,
Though we choose greatly, still to lack
The lasting memory at all clear,
That life has for us on the wrack
Nothing but what we somehow chose;
Thus are we wholly stripped of pride
In the pain that has but one close,
Bearing it crushed and mystified."

Very poignant, Mike. :clap:

Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling, most of my old Buds are gone, and some of my new ones. Not everything about longevity is great.

Randy

My deepest condolences to you and your friends family at the passing of your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back