• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lost in SHNF

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
2 am--The search continues for the three missing children in the National Forest in deep northwest Montgomery County. With Montgomery County Search and Rescue crews have close to 70-members searching on the ground in the woods, a DPS helicopter is overhead. They are being assisted by Precinct 2 Constables, Precinct 1 Constables, Montgomery Fire, and the US Forest Service. The children, a girl, and two boys are six and seven years old. The boys are wearing blue shirts and shorts and the girl a purple mermaid tank top and green shorts. The Flamingo Lakes Subdivision lies within the National Forest. The last time the children were seen was northwest of Julie Lane. Many are calling about coming out to help. Several have already gone to the woods without officials' knowledge causing the helicopter to call in images that were not the kids. Also, the woods are extremely dense. At this point, you can't see your hand in front of you. Searchers are going door to door in the area. We will update as it develops. One of the searchers suffered minor injuries when his ATV flipped in a ravine.

They halted search at 3am, resume at 7. Poor kids. Lot of rain up here most of night.

New Waverly Community News and Events

55m ·

Heavy rainfall moving into the area this morning as emergency personnel continue their search for 3 young children lost in the Sam Houston National Forest.
The children, a girl, and two boys are six and seven years old. The boys are wearing blue shirts and shorts and the girl a purple mermaid tank top and green shorts.

Please keep us updated on this...

wonder why they would not accept help finding the kids, especially by the people that spend a good chunk of their lives in the forest.

wonder why they would not accept help finding the kids, especially by the people that spend a good chunk of their lives in the forest.
Lots of concerned and big-hearted folks always want to help but not all are able-bodied. I could see the issue of needing to rescue rescuers and consuming emergency resources.
I wonder if drones/helos and IR cameras were used. Those seem to find warm-blooded things in the dark rather well although kids' signatures can be small.

Glad this one had a good outcome.

safe_image.php.jpeg

Got a 3 year old missing 48 hours now. Don't think this will end well.

25 years ago there was a real good trail network in those woods that made getting around pretty easy , east of 149 and north of 1375 , some south of 1375 but not in the flamingo lakes area , that was way too swampy to navigate . Now there is no trail system more than a couple hundred yards from any forest roads thanks to the current trail system that is govt controlled . Parents need to watch their children , there‘s alligators in them woods .

No I’m not , seen them several times in the stubblfield area and flamingo lakes is prime swamp land , used to be a trail from the east side to the west side by way of stubblfield bridge , in summer time it was rare to not see a gator on that ride .

25 years ago there was a real good trail network in those woods that made getting around pretty easy , east of 149 and north of 1375 , some south of 1375 but not in the flamingo lakes area , that was way too swampy to navigate . Now there is no trail system more than a couple hundred yards from any forest roads thanks to the current trail system that is govt controlled . Parents need to watch their children , there‘s alligators in them woods .
furry gators with tusks, lots of boar up there

They need parenting something awful, however...
Not sure how many kids you've raised, but 3 kids 6-7 years old shouldn't be able to play outside? And they happen to get turned around in the woods and it's the parents fault? Now the 16 year old blowing smoke on the cyclists might come back top some parenting mistakes. and the 3 y/o, they were with him, turned their back for a minute and he was gone, mistakes maybe, poor parenting, not necessarily. I'll pass on being the first to cast a stone, I've made my mistakes.

Back