• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lost in the '50's Roadhouse - Lufkin, TX

Reaction score
Lost In The Fifties Roadhouse
On Hwy 59 approximately 1/4 mile south of the Angelina River bridge.
Redland (Lufkin), TX
936-639-5750
(Angelina county is dry, so you'll see a plethora of beer joints on the Nacogdoches county side of the river.)

Open:
8am - 9pm, Sun.-Thur.
8am - 11pm, Fri. & Sat.

Don't let the outside appearannce throw you. This old building set in the middle of a decaying 1930's motor hotel, but has great food.

Great hamburgers and chicken fried steaks!
Even better onion rings. (if you are eating anything else, buy a half order!)

It's a greasy spoon. They have a great collection of authentic 1950's memorabilia collecting dust on the walls. The food is very reasonably priced. It's not far from my work so I eat there every couple of weeks. I've never been disappointed.

I enjoy imagining Hank Williams or Elvis stopping there to spend the night because it was the only motorhotel between Shrevesport and Houston back in the 1960's.

Could have used this info on Sunday as we headed back from Center!

We tried to stop in at Bodacious BBQ but they do not open on Sunday anymore. We headed right next door to some other BBQ joint (can't remember the name). Food was pretty good though.

This restaurant is closed, probably forever.

It closed for a year, then remodeled and re-opend, then closed again after a few months.

Now there are weeds growing in the parking lot. The building itself is begining to sag and deteriorate. I don't think this place will ever open again. We can probably write it off for good.

Yeah, it looks that way. Too bad, they had good chicken fried steak. Fairly good value, too.

The building itself is begining to sag and deteriorate. I don't think this place will ever open again. We can probably write it off for good.

Begining to sag and deteriorate? That place has been sagging and deteriorated for years, but man what great food! I remember this one time me and a few friends spent an afternoon fishing with adult beverages, then hit LIT50's, then the purple building just across the river... one of the saddest nights of my life. It was all bullet wounds and stretch marks over there. Gross.

Back