• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lost job - prayers appreciated

Praying for you Tracker and Sharkey. Sometimes the path is difficult and in those times I always wonder if that it is a message to change directions. If it is God's will then it will happen. Are there other paths you might pursue?

Praying for you Tracker and Sharkey. Sometimes the path is difficult and in those times I always wonder if that it is a message to change directions. If it is God's will then it will happen. Are there other paths you might pursue?

To some degree, yes. Looking at all paths. Sometimes God directs to a new path; sometimes to mold us and change us. Ultimately, for those that are Christ followers, it's about character, not circumstances, being conformed to the image of Christ.

Other than consulting, which has its own challenges, I've looked at possibly starting a variety of businesses. The red tape on a local level is ridiculous, if you stay legal. The Feds don't have an exclusive on stupidity. Our county requires food vendors provide nutritional info for each dish they serve. Looking at a food truck, it could cost $2-3K to just deal with that bs.

Oh the conversations I've had in prayer.....:doh:

Hard to say if a directional change is needed. I think it is a case by case basis to determine. It could be you are doing what is correct and Satan or his minions pile it on, kinda like Job? What was black is now white. Maybe you are doing it wrong and you can't see what God is telling you? Maybe our time frame doesn't line up with His?

As for other paths, both of the other jobs I am looking at are different but kinda the same. :doh:

For me, I will leave you with this recent story.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...ered-children-go-unseen-harris-county-trouble

Honestly, my job would be fine IF those over me had experience in running investigations and had leadership skills. Sadly they do not.

To some degree, yes. Looking at all paths. Sometimes God directs to a new path; sometimes to mold us and change us. Ultimately, for those that are Christ followers, it's about character, not circumstances, being conformed to the image of Christ.

Other than consulting, which has its own challenges, I've looked at possibly starting a variety of businesses. The red tape on a local level is ridiculous, if you stay legal. The Feds don't have an exclusive on stupidity. Our county requires food vendors provide nutritional info for each dish they serve. Looking at a food truck, it could cost $2-3K to just deal with that bs.

Will also share prayers.

I'm surprised that the thread has taken this long to consider entrepreneurship. Who needs a job when you ARE the job? Freelancing in IT or having a food truck (or whatever else God places in your heart/path) will provide both, income and freedom. No problem with a boss who simply doesn't like you.

I walked away from a dream job 14 years ago and couldn't be happier. There have been desperately tough times but always maintained my faith and communication with the Lord God Almighty and have never gone without.

Don't bind yourself to the man for security; it isn't where security exists. You are in control and God will direct your path.

PM me if you want to talk personally.

continued prayers appreciated. My doubts are growing that I'll find work in IT. It's seems to be a flooded market and a young man's game these days. But God...
On other fronts, I'm doing some contract woodworking for a friend who started his own business about a year ago. He seems to be progressing in growth and things are coming together for him. It's grunt wages, but I get to use power tools :mrgreen: and play with purdy woods. We're cautiously talking about long-term possibilities and splitting it into two divisions.

Y-bSr0gf-USf0QJOTJ0MxU1HBfbsDNV4wR6p2xIxx-URwlS1YgJsREi0bPLx3jXU0bj2BTUfQhu3zA4odA=w1048-h589-no.png

oeIlDAAt78Lx6fIg81veRqF5ggbl-mH2ZRtvo8DkJgYQLw80XiWImHi9NRdMro6mzwt__ou0wX6V4ZmSnVyGTVBDwxW9hncDvRim1wa7QPeMwjW-smQN5nVk387IOA_1MiXXyFfEgkoBzy_GaIgIFtFXGRc_wcbks5DKU1SEP__AvU6-CEpXjfg8NXsDod1p61lv8vsrlcgWRnXQ3_0IJ2y0CkUO1uJbCQw3hWAfQBRnwe-kYT69lht681w0mtynwCOXmDs536MwJOC5mkW_-7YJSl4rccypBhf573GpoVZoBA0R6bDgjc8eFOjArEnNzG9Fb9alhuTpekeW2KSE0yv4zcujLDq1bld71HZZYB6ON3FYrQtMlqQATlTNwP2xEATK40ovwdiLWGuChxkuw6dX2x9Dy6PF9pQVPisVSTiVTOc4lnu_Lt9VfR3nPFf-pNQfUrrvpjbRFghxdu1FfFFxQJGk7QTdZ4X0kPWjtF5pMun5kiyq4ln71odzUumYQ_g7vyfT_22NBzDIiyAhs8mz2M75-hCDfHP2Qr0BNxA_ZyesDViYB5dGGNfiITka-OiLoYNQiTvuv6EGJgCpc00PzFcaOFX-Dx1Db8J2rIRPzcvVNw=w332-h589-no

I was thinking about you just this morning. That's a nice shop! I particularly like the Laguna band saw. What type of projects are you making? Is that two of them!?

I retired in '08, a couple of days after my 57th birthday. I had been looking around a few years before retirement. Sadly, in my early 50s, I couldn't even get headhunters to return my calls. IT truly is a young man's game. Unless you have mainframe specialties, there's not much call for us "graybeards." And yet, somehow it all worked out.

What do you make out of wood? I have never been a good carpenter, but love any project with wood. There is a lot to say for doing a job that you enjoy. The career I chose HVAC, I never really liked, it just paid the bills. Rom. 8:28 is God's promise to all of us that have faith in Him. Mk. 11:22-24 manifests when we tell the mountain how big God is, then we can't see (sea) it because we choose by faith (Heb.11:6) to magnify the Lord. 1Jn. 4:4.
The faith I hear in your words encourages us all. God bless you brother, Phil.4:19.

He's making natural wood cutting boards, bread boards, muddlers, bottle openers and one of a kind furniture pieces from natural woods. Work to preserve and feature the natural beauty of the wood. The "live edge" is preserved.

I was looking at some natural Pecan wood, so beautiful and pricy. I made a lay-in Maple cutting board. We use some food grade wax on it. PM or post up a picture of one if you get a chance.

Work with local walnut, cherry and ambrosia maple.

This is his work.
14433058_1785257371747080_7923437133900663904_n.jpg

14142060_1772123369727147_2812696761378157488_n.jpg

Last edited:
Got past HR. Have a second telephone interview with the boss man on Friday. Prayers appreciated.

Proverbs 3:4 So shall you find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
Tracker you have favor with man because of who you serve. God will use this job as part of his promise to you to supply all your needs according to his riches and glory, in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19.

Got past HR. Have a second telephone interview with the boss man on Friday. Prayers appreciated.

Will do.

Maybe we can celebrate online together? I was suppose to start a new job 12/19 but will actually start it 1/2. More money, less headaches, and any headaches will be much different than what I deal with now.

I am asking God to open the door if it's the right door. It may not be. In His good timing.

Been doing woodworking at min wage. Nice to be doing something productive, but can't keep doing this; need to focus on putting together income activities that are at least more profitable long-term. Looking at Airbnb, photography, bbq catering, woodworking, it consulting/support as an independent on my own. Working on a biz plan and prioritizing which to focus on as it would be a fool's errand to try and do them all.

Still looking at the job/info tech angle, but not really optimistic it will result in something.

I've got food, clothing, and a house. Barring any super major monetary crisis, we'll be ok. God blessed me with a wise woman that made sure we socked it away for rainy days. God is big. Everything I read in His Word is His timing is about growing our faith, glorifying His name and conforming our character, not making us comfortable. So, doing my best to take it a day at a time and walk in faith, as each day has enough troubles of its own.

Good to hear. You're going to come through this just fine. Will even look back on it fondly one day.

Been doing woodworking at min wage. Nice to be doing something productive, but can't keep doing this; need to focus on putting together income activities that are at least more profitable long-term. Looking at Airbnb, photography, bbq catering, woodworking, it consulting/support as an independent on my own. Working on a biz plan and prioritizing which to focus on as it would be a fool's errand to try and do them all.

Still looking at the job/info tech angle, but not really optimistic it will result in something.

I've got food, clothing, and a house. Barring any super major monetary crisis, we'll be ok. God blessed me with a wise woman that made sure we socked it away for rainy days. God is big. Everything I read in His Word is His timing is about growing our faith, glorifying His name and conforming our character, not making us comfortable. So, doing my best to take it a day at a time and walk in faith, as each day has enough troubles of its own.
Thanks Tracker. You are correct. I will cast down fear (worries) of tomorrow, and the past, and rejoice and be glad in today, that God has made.
Thanks for encouraging me. God will never leave or forsake us.

Continuing to do contract woodworking and also have a contract data entry project for my old company. The door closed on the job opening I interviewed for. Chipping away at other possibilities.

yesterday's project: jointing/planing a slab of ambrosia maple for a live edge table.
uXT-6LIFplkdYUWhO2F2I3KIY5AfRCLa-n6u1YxKAXkfNwYJByGA7-0WsMViJhpnKMW2cRLyjC45kpukxjMCVwbah-_CFg9twl6M_ljyOdNp3KCVBVaMzU-NnilFQHcq0NLRqLcfjUQt_YyiebaIEQWZrKW_9hG8wFcOiyGMlMZ6KmE8dEsaFU-mhirV3vmj5VGexy4Ev5BqiZdZSvk-hkYRMGAyrYrNIsl_4lGlPf1YT6E0gCAsKwYKwSA9idm_5KUWdkFZhueujcQbIx3C0JTskELduaBiK7FuuB0LUEFOfunn81crIehwNmlDfs_wWlC-L87jGbYM8sRSxkw5pVFLrgzV_MAtQLFGBPVSNKGPTMqE9T7lQgoIxmwqI1DQbSrdjz0OuXuoEMtd49HnyVhdOrKJ4BzF7Qr5qUG_2Iz8zemsp6UGSX0AeMpGx14S-K9AAcMl5UIUWvz0S_tzvinIFonaSNXBwp3hTSESgswsEBfpWuIqIRRmE7q91HMt0PexGAajLFa_vMjRSEJ9TWXVd0BMyZ7YzgXTd410gMfa1BoBjDOuNGEEc-EzNxjYDCxu2PJT-SFAMf2vEAqLyWssLb2i2qkkJnMD-2RghrGA3EhLZ2VRvQ=w332-h589-no

Last edited:
Back