• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana OHV trail maps, GPX files

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
I couldn't find the gpx tracks for the Louisiana OHV trails system, so I broke down and downloaded the GIS shapefiles from the Forest Service and converted them myself. Granted, the government was closed at the time of the download, but anyway...

I'll ride by myself if I know the area or have maps I can trust. I won't ride fast and I won't outride my sightline, but I'll still have a good time. I couldn't find any maps for the part of the world I now live, so I wouldn't ride new areas at all unless I had a guide and laid down tracks on my own gps

At this time the only tracks in this file I have ridden myself are the ones relating to the Woodworth Loop. I compared three laps of my own data with the government data, and the difference is negligible. This leads me to trust the data. YMMV.

I have updated the files...

...as far as I can tell this data is not available anywhere else. Enjoy!

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Claiborne Boy Scout OHV.gpx
    289.2 KB · Views: 421
  • Claiborne North OHV.gpx
    309.8 KB · Views: 363
  • Claiborne Woodworth OHV.gpx
    286.9 KB · Views: 332
  • Claiborne Sandstone OHV.gpx
    140.2 KB · Views: 344
  • KISATCHIE ENDURO OHV.gpx
    394.8 KB · Views: 401
  • LIVINGSTON CATAHOULA TRAIL OHV.gpx
    11.6 KB · Views: 375
  • LIVINGSTON CLEAR CREEK TRAIL OHV.gpx
    30.5 KB · Views: 357
  • LIVINGSTON HICKMAN LOOP OHV.gpx
    66.9 KB · Views: 342
  • LIVINGSTON LITTLE CREEK OHV.gpx
    185.5 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
File to large?
Not too large, I have many gpx files larger. But your file does error when I try to import to Basecamp "Unknown error opening import file"

I tried opening in OsmAnd and got the details below.
c8ee635727ab928992aa0382e4119fd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I converted to KML and then back to GPX to clear up any weird formatting. My file looks good to me when downloaded, but is not coming out right following the link.

I can see the track on the map when I follow the link. Thanks I hope to get over and check some of these areas out one day.

Only part of one track is showing if you follow the link. There are four areas that should be represented.

SB, is the download working for you now?

...SB, is the download working for you now?

Yes. It imported into both Basecamp and OsmAnd. Shows four distinct areas like you mentioned. Thanks

And which is the first area we will ride? Have trailer, will travel.
9354ac42e48c982a3f7d704d64fa164f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I’d like in if sched and rider count permit. Gotta replace the tank on the Mardi Gras drag queen and I’m ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im ready to ride there also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Maybe in February. My wife just started a 16 week fast-track program to get her Process Technology Degree, I need to let her become manageable before I take a day to ride. I'll try to set a date in the next few weeks.

I think the Claiborne Trails just south of Alexandria would be the best. There are 70 miles of trails there, and I've only ridden 20 of them. There is a campsite at the trailhead (no water but pit toilets).

Each track now has only one segment. When I installed the old tracks on the Garmin they came out looking like a spiderweb.

They work nicely now!

Back