• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowside today

Now comes the beating by all the non riding relatives and friends that it is time to give up riding :roll:

My much better half is not part of that. I definitely married up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Positive energy to you Sir! That always sucks, glad you're on the better side of the equation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Been there, done that. The PT is also known as "Physical Terrorist". Find your pace and take deep breathes. Which was hard for me with broken ribs.
Try to do what they say and you'll be OK.
Prayers are with you.
Tom

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. I got a bonus visit tonight, The Friday Clan. Thanks for the visit.
Surgery tentatively set for 1245pm November 1. Wish me luck.

:tab He was in good spirits last night, even though he was on the tail end of a pain med cycle ;-) He's got a REALLY nice room. I guess they are giving him the frequent visitor treatment :-P Other than the broken bones, he looks pretty good. There are small skinned spots on his knees where the armor likely rubbed and his finger tips are bruised. My experience has been that the finger tip bruising is a result of the grips being ripped out of your hands while you have an instinctive and reflexive death grip on them. Still not sure how the bike went down on the left side and his right arm is busted, but things get crazy once you and the bike are on the ground!

I should be a walking advertisement for First Gear Jackets and Pants. And for HJC SY-Max III helmets.

You can obviously post with the non broken arm, :clap: Can you give a run down of what happened?

You can obviously post with the non broken arm, :clap: Can you give a run down of what happened?

He's right handed and it is the right arm that is broken. It is the left collar bone that is broken. It is also the left hand primarily that has the bruised fingers. He CAN post, but it is a slow process.

From what he told us, he low sided as the result of either too much front or back brake, but he is not 100% sure. Once you go down, things happen pretty fast!

No word yet on outcome of the surgery...

May post-surgery reveal complete success by Dr. Sawbones. Never heard of the finger tip bruises, but it make sense.

Heal up and ride again.

Kelly here: Jeff is out of surgery. Had a 3 hour post op. Respiratory concerns. Long recovery needed. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

Kelly here: no rehab for a month or more. No riding for a long time.

Kelly text earlier saying it was a bad break & difficult surgery. Doc had extra work to get smaller pieces to net to bone. (I'm not sure what that means). He's put together with plates & screws.

I pray that he is not in too much pain & takes it easy. I'm not sure [emoji848] how long his hospital stay will be.

Hello from Herman Memorial. Still here. Right now the "plan" is to be discharged sometime tomorrow after 3pm. We'll see.

Here's picture of the bike after Tim and Tony and host of others got it off the road.
E0219624-88E3-4352-A9E4-33C9AEFA4106_zpszfex6cfr.jpg

Here's what's left of my jacket after the EMTs cut it off.

A7ACD01F-AF87-4828-9584-BB76B9AB1A57_zpsxowajqcs.jpg

I don't have a good helmet picture but it is an HJC Sy-Max 3. The chin bar once again stayed locked and in place.

Back