• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lubbock Trail Riders Fall Enduro

Johnf3

Reaction score
Come get some seat time on some of Texas' best single track. Three different loops--ride all the loops twice for the short course and three times for the long. Sort of like a Sprint Enduro format--one check in and one check out for each loop.

Trail is marked and ready to go. Come ride with us.

ltr-2016-FALL-enduro-front_zpsyy1htyix.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a few of us are heading that way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Hey Brian. Sweet. Y'all are going to have a blast. The trail is really fun. No hero stuff for this Enduro since all classes are riding the same loops. What you will get is fun flowing single track with some river and creek beds thrown in. The challenge will be that there are no real transfer sections, so the whole event will be "on the gas".

Like all Texas races, a little bit of luck with some moisture and it will be truly epic. It rained quite a bit last weekend so going down to work the trail this weekend should be premium, condition-wise.

Look me up once you get there, or if you have any questions beforehand let me know.

Last edited:
I signed up for the short course. Maybe I should of gone long.

Last edited:
I signed up for the short course. Maybe I should of gone longoing:(

The short course will be 50 true trail miles, plus or minus. That is pretty salty for a short course. I think you will be happy.

Cool that my NAD Cloudcroft friends are coming to LTR!!

We're trying to talk more of the guys into coming. It's a bit of a haul for us to get there.

What's the usual turnout for the event?

Wish I could make it this year. I love riding there. Last year Shauna almost hit the short course finish, but she was cooked. I just rode sweep for her.

If I can find anyone from the Beaumont area I will make it. Great riding out there. The local guys here are afraid to get that far away from their mommy!

We're trying to talk more of the guys into coming. It's a bit of a haul for us to get there.

What's the usual turnout for the event?

Brian,
I do not know what the turn out will be for this race. This is the first time we have done a "Fall" enduro separate from our 'big" Enduro that we do in the Spring. That race is usually part of the RMEC circuit so we get a big boost from the gung ho Colorado guys. I think we had 60 or so rows of riders for our earlier race this year.

If I can find anyone from the Beaumont area I will make it. Great riding out there. The local guys here are afraid to get that far away from their mommy!

We would love to see you up here Irish. You know that we know how to put on a race that is fun and are blessed with a good palette to paint from.

Last edited:
We would love to see you up here Irish. You know that we know how to put on a race that is fun and are blessed with a good palette to paint from.

Yep, been enjoying those trails and beautiful downtown Post since the 80's. I put LTR, the U Lazy S and Terlingua at the top of my TX list. Fun stuff!

Last edited:
Update and also bumping this up one last time. Trail conditions as of yesterday are near perfect thanks to a significant rain storm a week ago. I think some moisture will remain for this coming weekend especially under the top layers of dirt.

The race layout is one 20 or so mile loop with two tests (this whole loop is really fun), and then a faster GP style 5 mile or so test through/near the dry river that goes through our property. The GP loop has lots of brand new trail and some existing older stuff that has some pretty big sand whoops.

Two laps of the above for short course and three for long.

Big sand whoops :giveup:

Looking forward to it. Looks like cool am temps. Dress according.

Big sand whoops :giveup:

Looking forward to it. Looks like cool am temps. Dress according.

Ha. We needed some tracks on that loop because a part of it is brand new (no whoops on those parts!), so I rode it three times back-to-back. This morning's total body soreness reinforces the fact that I am old.

Ha. We needed some tracks on that loop because a part of it is brand new (no whoops on those parts!), so I rode it three times back-to-back. This morning's total body soreness reinforces the fact that I am old.

Tough job but somebody's gotta do it...:trust:

Planning to bring the cast iron for some Saturday evening nourishment... camp fires OK right now?

Planning to bring the cast iron for some Saturday evening nourishment... camp fires OK right now?

The contestant camp is usually somewhat tight quarters and we say No Campfires in that spot. Hard to control that many folks and what might happen otherwise. There is not a County burn ban though, so there will be fires at the member camp, which is in a bit of a different location. You would be welcome to borrow mine and Joel's fire if we can solve the transport logistics between the two spots (short four wheeler ride).

Fire or not, i like where this is headed. The last time i got treated to anything that came out of RG's cast iron was at Barnwell early this year. :eat::eat::eat:

Amazing property . A little bit of everything. Thanks for taking usb put today

Attachments

• 20161119_140910.jpg
    20161119_140910.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 229
Had a great time. Very well run event. Friendly peeps.
Thank you for letting us crash the party.

Great times this weekend and a really fun enduro. We got to do sole sight seeing on Saturday before the race on some other trails on the property as well.

Highly recommended despite the long ride from central texas!!

b2da419688ff9f612485d8090ab502d9.jpg

0b691cebc46426a6112e45bf1d8e279c.jpg

3e4eab9a8506fb6d95cbb770714be5b2.jpg

08a31d5ae5d99bd4ea6f26c46ee063e1.jpg

79835e217b75ae2a0a07be3b9bf67317.jpg

Just got home from an awesome motorcycle weekend. One of those rare times when a group of friends and the trails matched up like magic. I had a hoot to say the least. I'll get up some pix tomorrow. Long drive but enormously worth it. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Back