• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Luckenbach Blue Day Ride

Jbay

Reaction score
OK kinda of a short ride from the KOA, but first time 2 up (yes we had a jacket)

IMG_1063.jpg

front row for the Greencards

IMG_1070.jpg

saw alot of riders on US 290 & 281 coming back, Guzzi Brevia? :wave:

??? Looks like 2 pipes coming out of the left side of the bike. Can;t see the right side.

It must be a frame.

Let me know how you like pulling the bike with the RV. I have access to a RV and pulling the bike for trips with just the wife might work out nicely. She is getting better at the riding two up these days.

pulling the small trailer is no problem, the RV has a Class 2 hitch kinda of lame so no hitch mount

only problem is backing up with the small trailer, pull through sites no problem or just take the trailer off and back the RV in a site

and unloading a big bike still a pain, maybe looking at a utility trailer with a big ramp, or a small enclosed

I want to see Jeffs toyhauler, that would simplify things, and you could tow a car

Yeah, having a car when you haul dirt bikes would be nice. I'm kind of thinking of a trip to Yellowstone or something and no car, just the RV and the GSA. I wondering if it would end up being limiting not having a car for day trips. I guess it is mostly a weather issue.

having all your toys w/ you sure is nice

taking IT, whatever IT is, with you doesn't use enough more fuel to make you miss a meal or alter your life style

my rig is within national length limits

&, though it is easier to use pull thru sites, i can unhook the toy trailer to back the fifth wheel into a space, and then take care of the toy trailer...

enjoy your toys & your trip

sw

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 144
Luckenback, Tex sure brings back memories of the first time I went to find that place. Found the part on the highway with the little store and all the rocks on display. Then got directions to downtown Luckenback. Problem was it was pretty flooded in that part of Texas so ended up asking people I saw in their yards how to get around the flood waters. finally it happened, but there was not much going on there. This was probably in '96 or so and on my 95 R11GS.
On the trailer hitches, I once had a 98 Buick Century with a class 1 ( I think ) 1" reciever. I carried my KLR and a DRZ400 to Big Bend and Ozarks a couple times and once to Lake City, Co. on a little 4 X 8 Utility trailer with no problems.

Back