• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lunchtime

Vec

Reaction score
A moment in the life of a motorcycle mechanic at lunch....

It’s been a busy week [emoji106]

60c60e506a43fa95719973f35e68ab59.jpg

9da07dbe8ba89ef3ea3532f71143a7bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got a good queue of bikes to work on!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

More carburetor issues today on hardly ablesons...

Lol

a4771f8aebc2df238138370317241940.jpg

I love my job !

Customer: it won't start. Ran fine in the spring before it got too hot for my leather jacket. I just parked it in the garage. I tried to start it once it got to 80° and it wouldn't run
Mechanic: did you drain the bowl? Did you run good gas?
Customer: no and no
Mechanic: joe, this is the third year in a row. You've gotta take better care of your bike. (thinking to himself) I make to much money off these suckers.

Customer: it won't start. Ran fine in the spring before it got too hot for my leather jacket. I just parked it in the garage. I tried to start it once it got to 80° and it wouldn't run
Mechanic: did you drain the bowl? Did you run good gas?
Customer: no and no
Mechanic: joe, this is the third year in a row. You've gotta take better care of your bike. (thinking to himself) I make to much money off these suckers.

Haha ?. That’s kinda how it went [emoji16]

Haha [emoji1787]. That’s kinda how it went [emoji16]

Rider 1: wanna go ride?
Rider 2: I cant my bikes in the shop.
1: what's wrong with it?
2: oil change.
1: you have to change the oil on these things??

Today has sucked so far,
Rebuild one Mikuni carb on a Polaris 500, take a camshaft out of a 660 grizzly cause the compression release in the cam was stuck, and oil change and drive belt on a PUG W480...

Hopefully this afternoon I can get back on something with two wheels and of the Vtwin configuration [emoji16]

Last edited:
I give up. What's a three hole service? (no brothel jokes, please)

Motor oil, primary oil, and transmission oil.

That’s what a three hole service consists of on a Harley Davidson [emoji106]

I also lube the clutch cable and throttle cables and adjust the clutch inside of the primary, check the brake pads check the air pressure in the tires check the brake fluid, Make sure all the fasteners are tight, I like to make sure that it’s right for the customer and that I would hop on it and head to California no questions asked when it’s done.

Last edited:
When I first got into bikes it didn't make sense to me (being a car guy) why bikes would share oil for the engine and transmission when they have such different lubrication, shear, wear, temperature, etc requirements.

Then I got a Harley and I was annoyed at having to change 3 different fluids instead of just one.

A rare an unusual day off today, so what did I do? Fueled up the DR Thumper and got lost on back roads!
34c8b961c2001e8565db70c7cd8c5300.jpg

1a2d36ace369cc165a399e2bfbaeedf8.jpg

a576d5c6a6015eeca0567fb42043fca2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best looking bike in the thread!

Best looking bike in the thread!

Hahaha, Thanks!

I also own a Dyna WideGlide My Harley buddies call the Suzuki my “pizza delivery bike” Because I mounted a spare Dwalt circle saw box to carry my lunch [emoji16]

Last edited:
Hahaha, Thanks!

I also own a Dyna WideGlide My Harley buddies call the Suzuki my “pizza delivery bike” Because I mounted a spare Dwalt circle saw box to carry my lunch [emoji16]

This is my Dyna
ae650e8b8d536ff43a202f757e50ec33.jpg

[emoji1303]

well, no more updates for this thread... (it was coming anyway) I told the owner to pay me out thursday.

the search for gainful employment continues.

well, no more updates for this thread... (it was coming anyway) I told the owner to pay me out thursday.

the search for gainful employment continues.

Doesn't that mean you have more time for riding? :sun:

Back