• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lurker finally writing introduction

Reaction score
Been lurking while and recently used the classified, so I figured I better start participating.

Been on motorcycles for about 5 years and enjoy working on them almost as much as riding them. Used to restore/race 60-70’s Fords. Now keeping my tractors and implements working. Intro instructions said to include pix so here it goes on the “Keeper” bikes:

09 - FLHP (HOOPT) – Bought just out of BRC. Bike and I had some learning to do together, one instance, after a while of being nervous and hesitation about slow speed maneuvers, found the head stock bearings bad. Fixing them made the bike feel 50% lighter. Bike is all good now and I installed a 110 kit with ported head, cams, etc. Re-did primary with updated compensator, clutch etc. Had the bottom end balanced and Timken bearing installed. Bike now makes 110p and 121 lb-ft torque.

P1010007.JPG

14 - K1300S – Sheriff’s sale. I bought this bike to sell / part out (it was a smoking deal); however, after finding out a late 80’s LTD fuel pump is a drop-in replacement for the $300-$400 BMW pump, I got it running, took it for a ride, where it promptly scared the **** out of me (nanny saved me). I decided to keep it. It is a comfortable, easy bike to ride. I will have to admit it no way can I ride to its potential.
Fayette BMW.jpg

06 Rocket 3 – Big bike and fun. Loads of torque off idle. Need to keep focused at slow speeds and stops, especially with full tank of gas. I have exhaust and air intake to put on but have not got to it.
IMG_0825.JPG

00 R1100RTP – The BMW lesson!!! I got this REALLY cheap as a non-runner. The Hall sensor was the non-running problem, but the BMW lesson came when getting parts. New HD take-off parts are all over Ebay, I figured BMW replacement parts would be same – (WRONG). I bought new-take off brake rotors for my FLHP @~$100 for all three. No take-off rotors to be found for BMW and all three cost me ~$300 – and that was after searching hard. Break My Wallet indeed. One other thing, I think BMW is a German acronym for Remove All Covers. Any repair seems to start with removing all covers and fairings for both this and the K1300.
IMG_0048.JPG

13 FLTRU (REDAS) – When you need a road-sofa, what can I say. Plans are to add a 110 or better kit, but the oil prices must rise for job security first
IMG_0391.JPG

Other bikes are the wife’s F3 Spyder, 2 v-rods and a Vulcan 900. We don’t ride the V-rods or Vulcan much and I have been toying with the idea of selling them to fund an adventure bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Erath county. When we lived in Houston, Fayetteville was a fairly regular lunch jaunt.
nice bikes.

Back