• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

M38A1 / 2016 Pic-A-Day

06/27/2016
/dislike
i-vMqcz7N-XL.jpg

Got to get closer. Flash with softbox. We want to see eyes!

That's a big crop using the 70-200 at maybe seven foot min focal distance.

Nice picture of the yellow jackets. Sent a chill up my spine. Nasty buggers they be.

06/28/2016
Cicada hull - I wanted to try a 'bug' shot but struck out on bugs today. So I grabbed a cicada hull from the side of the house and had a whack at it.
i-PJhnzbV-XL.jpg

Thank you as well.... I was wondering if anyone looks at these.

The plane shot was handheld, ISO100, 1/125th sec and f/9.5.

As Rusty eluded to a while back, the project takes some unexpected turns here and there. As in, "is this a diary of my life" or "are the images varied enough to grow/learn as a photographer"? I'm somewhere between those two extremes.

Yeah, I too had to look that up. I knew what a ring-tailed cat was but not it's 'true' name. I'll also still call it a ring-tailed cat thank-you-very-much.

I trapped one once. They can SCREAM! And their tail bushes out to bigger than the rest of them!

Well, I started to look for a dead mouse picture, but thought better of it. Or I got lazy, not sure which.

Those are some serious bull riding shots Scott. Nice frog too. That's almost a lizard.

Love the bull shot. You can just see the single minded emotion in its eye... :eek2:

Cool frog :thumb:

07/06/2016
Cyclo-Cross or CX as it's called is an off-road/trail riding sport using specialty bikes that are a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. Todays shot was a clinic hosted by a local bicycle shop. This shot was a first for me of this type - shooting directly into the sun for a different looking effect.
i-SnqF6wp-XL.jpg

^^^ very nice. I always thought cyclocross would be a fun challenge.

Back