• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mad Scientist Tire Academy

Re: San Antonio's Mad Scientist Tire Academy

"El Padre"

Bato

smugshot6698871-L.jpg

Some of the bikes there all parked together like they belong there . :clap:

Attachments

• trice pilot house 012.jpg
    trice pilot house 012.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 217

Why is my bike all alone ?:scratch:

Attachments

• trice pilot house 0133.jpg
    trice pilot house 0133.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 228

I just changed 4 tyres today (and not a single puncture!!) Took me about an hour to do all 4 (including getting the wheel out and back in the bike).. Forgotten how much I dislike changing old tyres!! The new ones are great (nice and flexible) but the old tyres fight you all the way, they are so hard and rigid, they just don't want to come of the rim!! Still should be a few months before I need to change these again!!

Gary

I just changed 4 tyres today (and not a single puncture!!) Took me about an hour to do all 4 (including getting the wheel out and back in the bike).. Forgotten how much I dislike changing old tyres!! The new ones are great (nice and flexible) but the old tyres fight you all the way, they are so hard and rigid, they just don't want to come of the rim!! Still should be a few months before I need to change these again!!

Gary

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to go Gary! :sun:

thank you for the RRR River Road Ride had a great day

Last edited:

I forgot to say , I HAD A GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!!! :rider: Wish I could have stayed longer . And the reason my bike is all alone is ........... I parked in the shade :sun:

Tire Academy is ON again for this Friday - time TBD

Subcomm is coming over to do two tires :clap:

If you have time to kill and want some good local bbq as well, send a PM and I'll let you know when Mark is going to arrive here.

You can supervise and criticise with a cold Lone Star :trust:

ya know, i really need to show up to one of these. ive yet to ever get a flat tire on a bike. i always carry everything i need to fix one, but ive never gotten a flat and ive been way too lazy to change a tube just for the practice.

now watch me get 97 flats in Arkansas :doh:

ya know, i really need to show up to one of these. ive yet to ever get a flat tire on a bike. i always carry everything i need to fix one, but ive never gotten a flat and ive been way too lazy to change a tube just for the practice. now watch me get 97 flats in Arkansas :doh:

You are the target audience for one of these sessions :thumb:

Or he could get some side of the trail practice on his own. It'd be easy, just leave all the tire fixing stuff at home and I can pretty much guarantee you'll have your first flat on the first ride out. :mrgreen:

All invited to supervise and check out my new suds fridgerator :chug:

tire spoons and Lone Star, it doesn't get any better than that on a hot Texas day

All invited to supervise and check out my new suds fridgerator :chug:

tire spoons and Lone Star, it doesn't get any better than that on a hot Texas day
Speaking of tire spoons, how many and what kind do you use? Thanks

Speaking of tire spoons, how many and what kind do you use? Thanks

3 Motion Pro shorties are all I use, both on the trail and here at home all the time. One of them has a "socket" to take off the rear axle nut from the KLR. Motion Pro makes "plain" and "socket" versions of their tire spoons. Get one to fit your bike. Anything to cut down on the number of tools needed and weight.

I use nothing at home I don't take on the trail.

Gave away my one and only tire stand moons ago.

Everything done "side of the road" style.

Except we do blast .38 Special from the boom box here at home

Just finished doing 2 tires under the careful supervision of Sr. Trice. Both installs went off flawless and I now have the confidence and knowledge to do tire repairs in the field. Trice also showed his engineering prowess by grinding off two stripped nuts on my rear sprocket. Bato and Whisky Smith showed up and provided their .02 and much needed frosty beverages.
A great day, awesome hospitality and good friends!

I don`t believe any of it . Cause there is no proof . I need a pic or something before I can believe it. ;-)

My wife just walked up behind me and saw trices avitar and asked , " whos that girl your looking at ? " :eek2: I said , OH , thats tricepilots girlfriend " :lol2::rider:

I don`t believe any of it . Cause there is no proof . I need a pic or something before I can believe it. ;-)

Subcomm (Mark) at task:

smugshot7561767-L.jpg

You know this is authentic, 'cause you gotta sit on the floor, like out in the boondocks. No chair. No tire stand. :trust:

Back