• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Matrix 4

Green 998- good memory.

actually the first bike trinity ever rode was a triumph speed triple.

777B4529-3552-4EF1-B6FE-F432D45B3E6B.jpeg

Long awaited by who...? :scratch:

I loved the first one, but they went down hill pretty fast after that IMHO. Great special effects, but the story/plot wasn't as good as the first. It kind of felt like Space Balls II... :-P

So I finally watched the movie last night. Meh. Not a bad movie but it doesn't move the ball forward either. Cool motorcycle scene though and bonus points for featuring Keanu Reeves' own Arch motorcycle.

I happen to believe the Matrix is the greatest sci-fi movie of all time. Yes, better than 2001, better than Star Wars, even better than (the brilliant) Inception and a whole lot of other very, very good sci-fi movies.

But Matrix 2, 3 were among the worst sci-fi movies ever. Matrix 4, all of the good parts IMHO are just nostalgia or retreads from the original. The story doesn't make any sense. It was just OK, worthwhile for me to watch while hiding out indoors from the real pandemic, cedar pollen. But I did nearly doze off at about the 1:45 mark and don't exactly remember most of the movie because, you know, who cares.

I enjoyed v4.0. It was a gerat ride. I was always questioning which reality was the "real" one. My only complaint is that the fight sceenes seemed a little B-rated compared to the others.

Last edited:
I felt the same about #4 as I did #2 and #3. Even more downhill than the previous one.

#1 was the only one I enjoyed.

Neil Patrick Harris was good in it though. His scenes were the only part of the movie that stood out, imo.

I have always been a fan of B-rated Sci-Fi & Horror so there is almost nothing I don't enjoy! I only tend to get critical when watching with others.

NPH was indeed pretty awesome.

So I finally watched the movie last night. Meh. Not a bad movie but it doesn't move the ball forward either. Cool motorcycle scene though and bonus points for featuring Keanu Reeves' own Arch motorcycle.
We also watched it last night and felt the same way. Meh. There was some intriguing stuff in building up the story early on tha got my hopes up but then it just turned into another CGI fest for the next 90 minutes. But overall, I just don't think it needed to be made.

I felt the same about #4 as I did #2 and #3. Even more downhill than the previous one.

#1 was the only one I enjoyed.

Neil Patrick Harris was good in it though. His scenes were the only part of the movie that stood out, imo.
I'll agree on NPH. Part of me can't stand his little whiny butt, but the truth is that he really knows how to play a character and make it believable.

#1-fantsatic
#2-meh
#3-hot garbage
#4-deja vu, and not in a good way

I enjoyed it. It wasn't as mind blowing as the first one but what sequels typically are? I enjoyed it from an action movie standpoint and the visuals were quite good especially the "Machine world".

Back