• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Matt

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Please pray for my long time friend and 1-year riding partner Matt. He went down hard at 35mph on a blacktop county road near Doddridge, Arkansas yesterday when a BoxerX dog cut in front of his TW200. Injuries include several broken ribs and collapsed lung from the impact with the left handlebar. Late yesterday afternoon he was transferred from small country hospital to the regional trauma hospital for better care. Matt has a wife and 3 children, Jr.High-College, at home.

Prayers sent.

If it helps, a buddy of mine had about the same thing happen and he is 100% good today and still riding.

So sorry to hear about Matt. Prayers going up for his speedy and complete recovery.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

... a buddy of mine had about the same thing happen and he is 100% good today and still riding.

Thank y'all for your continuing prayers and encouragement. The chest tube has been removed and Matt was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Praying, that after a few weeks in a recliner, he'll be good as new, just a little more battered and worn.

... buddy of mine had about the same thing happen and he is 100% good today and still riding.
... [We're all]...Praying, that after a few weeks in a recliner, he'll be good as new, just a little more battered and worn.

I visited with Matt yesterday. His ribs are healed up, but his left collarbone was broken such that it required a plate & screw remedy. He has recovered most of his range of motion and he's working on regaining strength as he goes into the last few weeks of physical therapy. However, due to the this experience, along with a couple other recent motorcycle related incidents, Matt, with respect twds his wife's preference, has decided to hang up his helmet and sell his TW200. Thanks to our TWT family for prayers and support for my friend.

I totally respect his decision. Riding is at best a risky business. That's the right decision for him & his family. I wish him success in his continuing recovery.

Back