• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMT/P. ARTH: May 8th - SETX / Houston Area ADV & Dual Sport Riders - Kelly's Pond SHNF OHV Ride/Camp

Reaction score
******* EVENT EDITED FROM CLAIBORNE OHV TO SHNF OHV ******

SATURDAY, MAY 8TH (weather & trail permitting)
Since Claiborne OHV is closed this weekend me and my 3 friends are moving our event to the Sam Houston National Forest OHV trails by Lake Conroe for a day of trail riding & a night of camping. I have also invited the members of my SETX / Houston Area ADV & Dual Sport Riders group.

I made the location Kelly's Pond Campground because there is camping spots, as well as access to the OHV trailhead. There are limited spots open alongside some lakeside campgrounds down the same access road.
I plan on setting up camp around 10AM.
Lets meet up at 12:00PM NOON at Kelly's Pond Trailhead to go trail riding.

Let me know if the times will work, and i can adjust accordingly.

(Lat/Lon 30.5113, -95.6616)

1620071949910.png
1620071903343.png
1620072065224.png

Last edited:
Keep your fingers crossed as the trails are currently closed due to recent heavy rains. Sandstone MUT is closed also. Chance they might reopen in time for your dates but better call the Ranger station before you haul.

Thanks for the heads up, when i posted this, they had not made a post on their facebook for it, but their website said on the April 30th update that the trails were going to be open on May 1st.

1620053121397.png

Wish I could join you but, you know...Mothers Day weekend. You might check with the forest rangers office, the trails might be closed, we had more rain today.
Best wishes, have fun.

888 361 6908 option 2 (trailhead status)
As RJ said, trails are currently closed. Weather Channel app long range forecast shows no rain for the rest of the week, but it also shows thunderstorms Saturday. It will probably change between now and then. Hopefully, it will hold off until Sunday and will dry out enough to open by the weekend.

Unforuntately the SHNF trails are still not open even as of this AM. So with that being said, this event will be canceled.

Back