• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MC accident in DFW/Denton area

Reaction score
A young man that grew up here in San Saba with my youngest son had a motorcycle accident Wednesday night. I believe he was between Dallas and Denton but I'm not 100% sure. He lost his left foot and a portion of his left leg below the knee and broke most of the bones in his left arm and hand. He is a very active young man (about 29 or 30 years old). Please pray for his physical healing as well as his mental state and attitude while learning how to cope and adapt to the loss of his lower leg. He was riding a GSXR 1000 that he has had for several years and from what I've heard, I believe he was wearing all his gear. He doesn't know what happened or remember the wreck at all at this point. His name is Cory. Thank you for your prayers.... Dave

PS-- He has a very worried and upset mom that could use some prayers to as well as his dad.

Prayers going up for this young man and his family.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Prayers go out to him and his family

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. Cory's a good kid......well... I guess he's not a kid anymore but he still seems like one to me. He was one of the few my son ran around with in high school that I didn't worry about what they might be up to.... Thanks again and God Bless....

God hears us......... I talked to a member of Cory's family and he is improving physically and mentally (emotionally may be a more accurate word than mentally). He is able (with help) to get out of bed and set in a chair. He is already talking about what kind of bike he is going to get when he is able to ride again and the cost of replacing his gear.

He still doesn't remember the accident but he did get to talk to the truck driver that was behind him and saw it all. He was attempting to take an exit near Euless and made contact with a concrete barrier and was ejected from the bike. The truck driver blocked the ramp with his truck, found Cory and applied a tourniquet to his leg. Most likely saved his life......Wish I knew the drivers name but Thank You whoever you are. The world is better because of people like you.

His gear, which is another reason he is still alive, was pretty much torn to shreds and his helmet was ground completely through the outer shell on one side.

Thank you all again for your prayers and please continue to pray. Cory has a long road of recovery and re-hab ahead of him but with God's help I believe he will be fine.......Dave

Last edited:
Thankyou God for restoring Cory to heath and giving your peace beyond understanding to Cory and his mom.
If you talk to Cory tell him there are two reasons things like this happen to all our lives. This is not the garden of Eden and this world is not heaven. This is a good life but sometimes it can be rough.Cory God has a plan and a future and purpose for your life and a new beginning. Have faith in God.

Back