• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MC Down-Sizing Continues... Honda CB4X

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
400 Sport Touring concept
Honda’s Rome R&D Centre proudly unleashes the CB4X at EICMA

I like the movement toward a little more angular.

I'm having a hard time getting the right sense of scale for this bike without a person in the picture. It looks really anal and short.

And "Sport Touring"? Maybe 90% sport, 10% something that's not Touring? It looks fun to ride, but not cross country or even cross Texas.

Have to agree. I was even thinking 10% commuter but my commute is too far for that bike.

The main thing a motorcycle needs for touring is a set of legs. I'm not sure if 400cc is enough, but then again, there's this guy:

So with that in mind, most any motorcycle is a touring motorcycle. It all depends on how much comfort a rider demands based on his or her physical stamina and ability. I once did a 750-mile day on a ZX-6R. That day, it was a touring bike.

Totally agree. Ride what makes you happy. That doesn't mean the Cub should be marketed as a Touring Bike.

Lol...definitely agree that the definition of a touring bike is dependent on the person.

I'm on a Goldwing forum and some guys on that site think it has to be 900 pounds and be a rolling sofa to be a touring bike.

The entire category of sport touring is dubious to them.

I bought my Super Duke GT as a sport tourer and they said that it doesn't become a tourer just because it has a bigger tank and bags.

I said that was exactly what made it a tourer

We agreed to disagree.

To me...a tourer needs to be able to carry 2 or 3 days worth of clothes / essentials and at least have a range of 180-200 miles and have service intervals greater than 5K miles. It is hard to tour if you can't ride for at least 3 hours without a gas stop, have to be back home every night, or can't go a few thousand miles between maintenance intervals. Comfort is not really part of my definition.

The NM4X probably qualifies as a tourer in that defition...not sure though.

Back