• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

McCruise Installation?

I got my bike out of the shop today with the McCruise on it. It works well. Compared to an automobile, it is not quite as smooth in controlling the speed on hills but it beats the heck out of a throttle lock. The really cool thing is that I was expecting a $400 bill for 4 hours of labor but they only charged me $200 for the install. The service manager is a friend of mine and I gotta bring those guys a box of Shipley donuts.
Glad it's working and nice meeting you today! I was the guy with the matching helmet on the Africa Twin at cycle shack.

I got my bike out of the shop today with the McCruise on it. It works well. Compared to an automobile, it is not quite as smooth in controlling the speed on hills but it beats the heck out of a throttle lock. The really cool thing is that I was expecting a $400 bill for 4 hours of labor but they only charged me $200 for the install. The service manager is a friend of mine and I gotta bring those guys a box of Shipley donuts.

If it doesn’t hold the speed on hills it is not adjusted correctly. Call mccruise and they can diagnose over The phone.

I had to adjust the cable adjustment by 3 threads to solve my issues. Tony at mccruise walked me through the process, only took about 15 minutes.

If it doesn’t hold the speed on hills it is not adjusted correctly. Call mccruise and they can diagnose over The phone.

I had to adjust the cable adjustment by 3 threads to solve my issues. Tony at mccruise walked me through the process, only took about 15 minutes.

It holds the speed on the hills. I just notice that after climbing a hill and going down the other side, you can feel it disengage and kind of coast for a second or so and then kick back in. I am happy with it as is but I do appreciate your advice.

Had one on my st1100 was installed by p.o. In 97. Worked flawlessly until three years ago, and quit.
Was a great unit

Had one on my st1100 was installed by p.o. In 97. Worked flawlessly until three years ago, and quit.
Was a great unit

They should offer to replace it or offer replacement parts at least for a discount. The MCC quality components are exceptional. I know with the throttle cable-driven version, you should clean and tighten the cable per instructions every year or so. If you ride on lots of dusty roads, the cable throttle wheel can accumulate gunk.

RB

They should offer to replace it or offer replacement parts at least for a discount. The MCC quality components are exceptional. I know with the throttle cable-driven version, you should clean and tighten the cable per instructions every year or so. If you ride on lots of dusty roads, the cable throttle wheel can accumulate gunk.

RB
20 years is a good long time for an aftermarket accessory to last, especially in an environment subjected to weather, heat and vibration. Why should the company offer to do anything after 23 years, especially for someone not the original purchase with no proof to them that it was ever installed properly by a qualified technician?

Tony, one of the owners of the company likes to offer cheap replacement parts, usually a small servo, wheel magnets or cable-related items for free or a large discount. He gains many repeats with new bikes from existing customers and also future customers from his policy based on his reputation. It tends to be much harder to gain new customers than to service existing ones.

His complete units sell for around $1,000 depending on the model.

I know this is an older thread but wanted to say the Two Yahoos video was quite helpful to me. Thanks!

Back