• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Medina, Memorial Day, Memories Made...

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rebecca
Last Name
Reed
Loaded the bikes. Headed out pre-noon Friday

889170664_eDKmb-M.jpg

Camped at Kerrville-Schriener park, run by the City of Kerrville

Took too long to find a spot to eat and get a table - it was graduation night

Forgot we had a camera with us…

Woke up, made breakfast & coffee

Got to the pie run at a socially-acceptable 11:20

889138801_fw5Uu-M.jpg

Went with a small group to the MC Museum

889138788_BS2yb-M.jpg

Saw cool old bikes

889139835_cn5qp-M.jpg

Said goodbye to Chuck

889140021_EztHt-M.jpg

…and Susan

889139994_WPFyB-M.jpg

Rode. Saw some camels

889138760_WyoNC-M.jpg

…and a rare bike

889138893_xfiXf-M.jpg

The boys waited for me in the shade

889140052_kHute-M.jpg

…cuz I’m slow

889140083_7BgYp-M.jpg

Went to Stonehenge II

889138730_vwFGZ-M.jpg

Bothered some giant ants

889140204_TwLNo-M.jpg

…and saw the stones

889140110_woS2r-M.jpg

Quick grocery trip, cooked dinner

889138718_CdGrP-M.jpg

It was better than Mac & Ernies IMHO, but especially because the leftovers go into breakfast

889138702_fYicQ-M.jpg

Went riding. Ran into these clowns at the gas station

889140288_Hmgb4-M.jpg

Stopped for a break, saw this guy above the restrooms

889138692_2RiSQ-M.jpg

Lunch in Rocksprings. Yummy little hole in the wall place. Played the GPS game while we waited for our food

889139110_afmZL-M.jpg

Stopped again at the Frio Canyon MC Stop. Porch was shady, good for people watching

889138686_7Z4kV-M.jpg

Fueled up, back tire was flat. Plugged it

889138666_YPCkS-M.jpg

Went down to the next river crossing

889139139_arygU-M.jpg

Cooled off while the plug had more time to set up

889140331_C5dbe-M.jpg

Got engaged. In the river. Yeah, total surprise

889140364_B9bxz-M.jpg

...and it fits under my gloves

Saw a cool caterpillar

889140437_D2fwX-M.jpg

Back at camp, pork chops & grilled veggies

889138632_NaJf5-M.jpg

Monday - depart Kerrville. Head for Buda

889138927_3gPuC-M.jpg

…because I’ve never been to Cabela’s

889138979_Fwmkq-M.jpg

…and we need a more compact hot weather tent, so we window shopped

889139091_mb6H3-M.jpg

Starving for lunch. Great time for a never-ending train.

889138770_7BMA9-M.jpg

Waited in line too long in the heat

889138857_YpcfK-M.jpg

…for this guy to cut some meat

889138865_DUC6H-M.jpg

…for our gastronomic event (because the diet starts tomorrow)

889138842_fWski-M.jpg

Worked off some of it helping block traffic while this guy plugs his tire. Mushroom plugs suck. We gave him a fuzzy.

889139018_6JYWu-M.jpg

We couldn’t help but rack up more karma points with this guy

889138993_R6n8a-M.jpg

Also a tire issue, but worse off. Off comes the Tiger, on goes the Venture. I got to ride the triple home

889139069_s2YjM-M.jpg

Picked up the pup from the sitter

889138831_d3svm-M.jpg

…and slept very soundly back in my own bed.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Short, sweet and to the point.

..................and congratulations! :clap:

Congrats guys!!!!!!! its about time :rofl:

was that Rudy's BBQ? I love that place

Congrats on the upcoming event , is it going to be a two wheeled ceramony . SEYA

:clap: Congrats on the engagement! Looks like a fantastic weekend. :zen:

Smitty's in Lockhart. Beats Rudy's hands down. You HAVE to try it!
:eat:
There are three Rudys; the original Rudys in Leon Springs which I like, the rest of the chain Rudys and the Rudys in Sinton which won the brisket award on Regis and Kelly and isn't related to the chain Rudys. I don't imagine too many folks get down Sinton way? Its not exactly motorcycle country and is on the road to nowhere. Nice writeup and pictures. Congrats! Whats with the motorcycles on the trailer? Up here the only bikes on trailers are dirt bikes and Harleys.

Whats with the motorcycles on the trailer? Up here the only bikes on trailers are dirt bikes and Harleys.

I've ridden to/from the Hill Country. Heck, I just did it three weeks before this trip. I've ridden two weeks straight. I've riddent o Maine.

Fighting holiday traffic on I10 both ways is NOT my idea of fun, it wastes tires, and I'd rather be comfy in the truck.

You don't have to trailer. We did. :yawn:

...we also had the ability to get a stranded rider home because we did. ;-)

...in fact, the idea that even my *friends* questioned our choice to trailer astonishes me. Of all people, you KNOW I can/will ride wherever I want without the need for a trailer.

But geez. Just enjoy the story.

:giveup:Dang, someones sensitive. ;-)I was only tease'n. I have been to the hill country more times than most Texans and have yet to take eye ten? If I had a trailer I would have hauled my bike down to Texas last month but put on 4500 miles on my bike instead, but its a Honda and they are built for the long haul. :rider:

Nice Hill Country ride. Thanks for the report. And....congrats! One fellow summed it up as: "Don't hit anything, don't let anything hit you, and don't fall over." Let me offer another over simplification: Nurture each other and be kind.

Congratulations on the golden band on the right left hand.

Congratulations on the engagement. Wow! I just want to add for the crowd that I met both of you at the campground and now I know where the smell of good food was originating. Below is a picture of my camp.

th_HillCountryRideMemorial2010011.jpg

Congrats Rebecca:clap:

Missed you in Medina have not said hello in person in a while appears life
is treating you well very happy for you

And I thought it was something about hitting 130mph... Keep having fun.

Trailering my street bike to riding locations though the long, boring, hot and done many times sections get more appealing the older I get. And, the less tolerant to heat and cold. Only problem is I still like to do big circles when traveling. I need to get into the mind set of going to an area and exploring just that portion in more detail.

I rode out and made a big loop from Friendswood (southeast part of Houston) to the hill country and back. The next time I will trailer. Coming home on I-10, 610 and 45 were not fun at all and the prospect of dropping way south and turning north to come into Friendswood from the southwest would have taken me all day and I had things do at home so that wasn't an option. I'm thinking about going to Arkansas soon and will probably trailer there. :rider:

Back