• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Meersburgers! The ride to find Russ 3/3/07

what's that place you guys mentioned on Saturday????
(I responded that it would be a good alternative to Ponder for a weekend ride/meal)

Q. You DO know the reason why those auto tags and welcome signs in our sister state say, "OKLAHOMA IS OK" don't you?

A. It's because no one up there can figure out how to spell "mediocre"... :eek2: :lol2:

(And apologies to Ryan for "mislabeling" him as Leon. :giveup: )

Trinity said:
(And apologies to Ryan for "mislabeling" him as Leon. :giveup: )
I fixed the original - I saw it earlier but forgot to fix it before "Leon" saw it... ;-)

Seems like the ride into work today was still cold but I kept telling myself "this ain't nuthin' like last Saturday!" :lol2:

Re: before Russ ships out...

bluedogok said:
If you want to get stuffed on Italian food, Pete's Place in Krebs is a good place... and Krebs is only 50 miles from Talihina, which is the start of the Talimena Skyline Drive.

This is a much better place to drag those "1st time to leave Texas" folks than to the flatlands that surround Mt Scott.

Next time we go on a Mission, that's the place we need to take Mr. First Time Out of the State. Maybe even talk him/them into an overnighter in Mena. ;) ;) ;)

Lets Moto :rider:

Mena is definitely a better road trip, but like you said, most would have to do an overnighter and a lot of people have trouble getting 2 day kitchen passes.

I did a day ride over the pass to Mena and back last spring and had 640 miles in round trip.

this is all I have time for right now.
Where the buffalo roam.....

Thanks, Russ.

2411578260100746484S425x425Q85.jpg

That'll hold us for a while, Elz. :thumb:

What is the status of the bike?

Great pics Elzi! I'm glad you came, otherwise I would have never visited Geronimo and I've been here for almost 3 years!!! I hope your bike is ready for the BB trip!

Gilk51 said:
What is the status of the bike?
Rebuilt master cylinder. Cliff found some particulate matter inside, which could have been plugging the small return orifice. Which means once the brake is applied a few times there's no release and pedal stays firm/no free play.
Still wants to rebuild the caliper, but that's what was back ordered.
I swear the people at the Sudzuk dealer don't know their........ never mind.

We had a mini TWT gathering at Piper's :sun:
Stories!!!

busarider1 said:
Great pics Elzi! I'm glad you came, otherwise I would have never visited Geronimo and I've been here for almost 3 years!!!
You need to get out more, Russ ;)
I'd like to ride those roads again with a working rear brake and less wind. They were sweet. And eat more cobbler with ice cream (their ice cream was excellent!) Maybe do a safari on the Whee with the buffalo and hunt for the elusive elk. :trust:
Thanks for putting me up and give the doggerts hugs for me!

TexasShadow said:
give the doggerts hugs for me!
I hope ya'll found the bag of treats that I left on top of one of the dog boxes... (they are good for making friends)

Well, I hope the lastest fix does the trick, Elz...
When are you leaving and where to the first night?

Hey Busarider and any others out there. If you guys would like to do this again I can arrange for a tour/visit of the Falcon Air-to-Ground Bombing Range just west of Meers. I happen to work in an airspace shop that provides oversight to this facility and happen to work up there from time to time. It's not always a thrill, but for someone who has never seen one of these it could be interesting.

Back