• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Meet Makenzie!

Cast a jaundiced eye upon the thermoswitch. They're flakey little buggers and I've decided they come firmly under the note of "get what you pay for." I'd buy the cheapest one and replace it a year later. After getting highly skilled at replacing them I grudgingly pried loose a few more happy bucks for a good one and it's been joyfully switching for years now. Just another possibility...

Reactions: JT
337DC273-4486-4874-9124-13D916219D14.jpeg

Christmas in June!

windscreen, gps mount, and bigger grips all arrived today

Re: the fan..we are taking a watchful waiting attitude. So far so good, oh, wait, he hasn’t been out since the incident... will keep a sharp eye on the temp gauge when I do ride again. Fan switched on and off properly with the engine idling.

Same grips I put on my Tenere 700 and have on all bikes I have had.
But since I am an old man I also put a Cramp Buster on there also.
I love them.

I have those same Pro Grips on my Strom. I first discovered the Pro Grip line when I was racing ATVs 30 years ago. I have used several styles over the years and have never been disappointed. The Cramp Buster is another story. I just can’t make friends with them.

I'm a fan of the Madstad windshields. Good choice. Cramp busters are on all of my bikes, even my RT which has cruise control.

Ya, the stock grips are ok, just skinny.

Luv cramp busters, even had one for the ride home from stealership.

Another pkg arrived yesterday and I was puzzled.

A kickstand foot! I didn't order one. John must have ordered it. John says No, he didn't order it.

??

A mystery benefactor?!

IMG_20210609_194510_01.jpg

John finally ended the suspense this morning.

THANKS RANDYPOWER!! You shouldn't have!

A Versys launch is a very good idea. I own a Versys 650 that I love. They are such great bikes and really don’t know why they aren’t more popular. Mine has been trouble free and rides fantastically. I would love for you to launch a Versys thread. I for one believe we need it.

Beautiful bike by the way. Ride safe.

Attachments

• D4D91EC3-1F9D-4704-9246-C18BBCDFC0F7.jpeg
    D4D91EC3-1F9D-4704-9246-C18BBCDFC0F7.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 85
A Versys launch is a very good idea. I own a Versys 650 that I love. They are such great bikes and really don’t know why they aren’t more popular. Mine has been trouble free and rides fantastically. I would love for you to launch a Versys thread. I for one believe we need it.

Beautiful bike by the way. Ride safe.

Ok, but it dznt hafta be me that starts it! (I keep waiting til I’m on the laptop vs -oops I mean Versys the iPad)

We finally got the Madstad windshield mounted, they shipped the wrong parts twice. But, they answered the phone with good attitudes and got it right, so we can't really complain. Good support in the end. And, it's really a great windshield.
madstad1.jpeg

And, the kickstand foot fit great! Thanks Randy.

Last edited:
Back