• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Memorial Day weekend campout at my [Hardy Baker's] place - 05/24/14

Andre, it started raining at noon today, and we have had two inches of rain the last time I checked.
Wow! What a great time Denise and I had visiting with folks. I really wanted to talk to more folks than what I was able to talk with, but the weekend seemed to fly by. What a great group.
The meals by David and Ron were fantastic. They both worked too hard. Many people brought some great sides and desserts which helped a lot. We're going to have to do this meal thing differently. Maybe catering the evening meals? Maybe a huge pot of Mexican parabolica per cooked? Gosh, everything came out so great. We'll get this together even better for next time. And the cookie man was good to us too. ( Jason)
Scott, your photos are great and cover the weekend well. Also thanks for creating the website that brought so many fine folks together that have become some of the greatest friends a guy could want. Mark and family, thanks for sharing a good time with us. Were with you. Thanks everybody for making it such a great weekend. Y'all ride safe and let's do it again soon. HB

Had a good time. Been a while since I've swum in a lake or caught a fish. Or passed a kidney stone. Yep, turns out that was why my back was bothering me for those that heard me complain. Fortunately it waited until I was home to get serious, but I was done with it by Monday morning so I'm back to normal.

Pics of the fun stuff and I'll try not to repeat the good ones that are already posted:

Campsites from the water:

IMG_5073-L.jpg

My fish:

IMG_5077-L.jpg

Desmo and his entrourage:

IMG_5078-L.jpg

Everybody wanted to be in this shot, except the fish:

IMG_5084-L.jpg

The shower, just past my tent. Since it was single sided, open shower, any tent past mine was in the peeping tom zone.

20140523_183927-L.jpg

Yes, old dudes got in the water too, not just the children.

20140523_200359-L.jpg

Panorama from up near the house:

20140524_103553-L.jpg

I took a flower picture too:

20140524_103822-L.jpg

My daughter Katie on the right and her friend Andrea on the left.

IMG_5088-L.jpg

Had a great time and a good ride back. Ron tagged along until Rockdale. Traffic was light and the clouds kept the temperature nice.

:tab Wow... glad the kidney stone held off until you got home. That could really ruin a good time :-P

:tab The first time Steve hooked a bass (maybe even the same one in the pic), he tried to get Rachel to reel it in while he held the pole. She wasn't real sure about that... especially when the fish broke the surface and started flopping all over the place. I thought she was going to throw the whole rod into the lake :lol2: Fortunately, Steve had a good hold on it and they landed it. Then they threw it back, which is why I say it could be the same one in the pic above, which was caught a bit later and looks exactly the same size. Fish seem to have very short memories...

As always we had a great time. Thanks to Hardy and those that helped cater.

IMG_4002_zpsd21b01c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It will be interesting to hear how things went tonight when more campers were scheduled to arrive including the legendary night riders from a previous camp....

Enjoyed seeing friends and meeting new ones.

Thanks Hardy!
:clap:

We knew we had a long week of riding ahead of us so we kept it low key. However, You can only keep a dog caged so long. This was taken shortly before we were asked to leave.
e4f674c7-2d1a-4c2e-af3a-55a1aa2403d5_zpsbf73adb4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back