• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mexican food in Texarkana?

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Conrey
Does anyone know of any good Mexican food places in Texarkana? We're heading up there at the end of the month and meeting with the in-laws to pick up my niece and nephew and would like to meet at a place with some good Mexican food. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :eat:

There used to be this pink place on stateline. I dont remember the name but I grew up there and dont recal any good mexican food. There is a Tamales if you like that

Amigo Juan - I30 and summerhill
Tamolly's
on the border
Zapadas

my favorite is Amigo Juans.

Thanks for the replies. We were up there a few months ago and stopped at a place on State Line Rd. but we were not impressed. My wife is a Mexican, so I like the real stuff, not Northeast Texas/Arkansas-Mexican food. I'll look these places up and see what we can work in. Thanks. :mrgreen:

If your wife is Mexican, you might want to pass on Tamolly's. Now, I must say that I've only been to the one in Sulphur Springs and it's been a while, but it tasted like a frozen TV dinner...only it was sorta hot. Anyway, I'm just sayin'...

the fiesta house

1310 East New Boston Road
this is in Nash, it is authentic so your wife will like it. (Not my favorite since I prefer TexMex)

Howdy Ag. Class of 84 here. I travel all over Texas and Louisiana and have a system for good places to eat. Look in the parking lot. Look for cop cars. If there are no cop cars, go inside and look for grey hair types. Cops know the area and old folks don't waste their money on bad food. Works like a charm. Good hunting.

It is not Tex Mex but the HOOTERS on state line hit the spot for a late lunch. A fellow rider and I made it all the way to Harrison ,ARK after lunch. :eat3:

Back