• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mexico in 2022?

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is another Copper Canyon/Mexico trip planned for 2022? I'm in Houston and would love to join anybody and/or group considering this..

Thanks.

I would be interested in the trip as well.

It sounds like there are a bunch of us from the Houston area that have an interest.

Is it all asphalt or is this strictly a dual purpose bike ride? How safe is it riding through Mexico? Do you camp or stay in hotels?

Fallowing
As in the deer?

1638330100031.png

Mextrek is your best introduction to riding in Mexico that I know. Is a controlled way with lot of guys that have plenty of experience.I am mexican born and raised and I know that Peter has lot of experience n riding in Mexico and can provide the best advise for you gringos

Does anybody know if there is another Copper Canyon/Mexico trip planned for 2022? I'm in Houston and would love to join anybody and/or group considering this..

Thanks.

Mextrek is your best introduction to riding in Mexico that I know. Is a controlled way with lot of guys that have plenty of experience.I am mexican born and raised and I know that Peter has lot of experience n riding in Mexico and can provide the best advise for you gringos
Enrique is correct as to the most experienced riders and riding in Mexico. IMO, one thing to consider is a LOT of guys go on the Mextrek rides and I suggest you read the last installment RR, Tenemos Problemas {We had problems]. Point is I think you may consider taking off solo or with a FEW friends riding along to have the fun of learning as you go. A few words of poorly spoken Spanish and a smile goes a long way in Mexico, I used 3x5 cards for phrases in my first rides. I also recommend forgetting the camping gear, hotels are too cheap and gear too heavy/bulky. I believe the Mextrek guys go south of Monterrey and between SLP and Tampico, on the NE side of Mexico and I'm unaware of them as a group heading to CC. Good luck, a boatload of information and experience on this site.

These easiest, albeit much more expensive way to do it would be to tag along with a legend on a trip to Copper Canyon with Jimmy Lewis and Johnny Campbell. I am considering it for late February.

Back