• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #10, Galeana, October 24th to 27th 2019 + After Party V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
49 riders signed up at this point. Only 14 spots before the Magdelena is full. That was kind of a joke. It doesn't matter because Hotel Jardin has another 25 beds right next door.

Also, Rumor has is JT and the man of honor, Milton Otto, will be coming for the 4 day tour. So that puts us at 51 riders!!!

Mextrek 11 is on the calendar!!

Peter I'm sure this is in the original sticky post......do we need to do anything to claim a room at the Magdelena or Jardin? Or do we just show up and take potluck?

For those of us going to RDC on Saturday, do we just pay for 2 nights in Galeana?

For those of us going to RDC on Saturday, do we just pay for 2 nights in Galeana?

Yessir, Galeana should be around $30 for a double room, 600 pesos more or less. 2 nights will run you about $30.00. Just pick a roommate who will also be going to RDC so you can vacate together.

In RDC I have booked and paid for 5 double beds at a fabulous little Airbnb. They have spillover if more people show up. I'll get a head count when we get closer to the trip. Its $20 a bed with tip.

I've been looking at elevations across the various routes.....are you guys jetting for 5-7K? 6-8K? other?

I was spoiled with fuel injection last year.....I have converted back to a stone axe for this year's ride

I think you should take into consideration the long hauls in and out. Going too lean at 65 mph may be detrimental to engine health. I never rejet my carbed bikes from factory, but they were probably pretty fat up high. I'd shoot for 4 to 6k.

Mission is 141 feet
Montemorelos is 1,375
Rayones is 2,782
Rayones to Galeana highway 5,800
Galeana is 5,430

Iturbide is 4,797
South routes are 2,800 to 5,000 in the valleys.
North routes are 4,500 to 5,000 in valleys.
Cerro potosi is 12,000
Gold standard touches on 9,500 in the Parque Cumbres de Monterrey

Yessir, Galeana should be around $30 for a double room, 600 pesos more or less. 2 nights will run you about $30.00. Just pick a roommate who will also be going to RDC so you can vacate together.

In RDC I have booked and paid for 5 double beds at a fabulous little Airbnb. They have spillover if more people show up. I'll get a head count when we get closer to the trip. Its $20 a bed with tip.
I'm planning to go up there.

Thanks Peter -- I wouldn't re-jet for the highway haul. I now have a selection of main jets that I will carry in a baggy just in case the bike stops running altogether. Thanks!

BTW -- are their routes that go to the summit of Cerro Potosi?

BTW -- are their routes that go to the summit of Cerro Potosi?

You need to consult Richard's guidebook.

Yes, top of the world includes the very bumpy front route to the top.

I also emailed out JT's back side single track gps file.

I think you could do either route from Galeana in an hour and a half or two, If you just went to Potosi and back.

Cool -- I know I was lazy and didn't re-read the guidebook. Will definitely look for you single track files!!!

Single track is a bit of an exaggeration, maybe not my best description. Lets just call them "less often used gravel roads". Singletrack implies cared for and normally used. I think the back way up was a bit of a grind through not often traveled roadways.

What a great turnout, 49 riders. Check the after the ride thread over here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back