• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #10, Galeana, October 24th to 27th 2019 + After Party V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get a room at the Clarion. I enjoyed the phone call and I am very interested in doing the AP too.

As happens every year, I have to leave Galeana to get to a conference, which for the last time this year, I am hosting. (CPA stuff, so exciting) But a combination of enough American Airlines miles and a girlfriend that wonders why the ***pick your favorite four letter word*** I have to go to Mexico every other month has combined to put us in GTO the night that the AP roles in there. Can't wait to see y'all and show her all the cool stuff in GTO and surrounds.

Registered! I was a bit confused by the amount due for the "upgraded" package with Lodging. It's $100 + $250-$450? Other than that, seems straightforward and I'm looking forward to it!

Mextrek #10: $50 admin fee for Mextrek, book your own room at Mission, whole hotel in Galeana is booked. Pay for your room depending on choice on site. $20 to $35 a night depending on arrangement.

After Party 3.0: $50 admin fee for After Party $250 to $450 paid to me for After Party lodging depending on choice of rooming arrangement.

I'll call you soon, as we are almost fully booked for the After Party.

As happens every year, I have to leave Galeana to get to a conference, which for the last time this year, I am hosting. (CPA stuff, so exciting) But a combination of enough American Airlines miles and a girlfriend that wonders why the ***pick your favorite four letter word*** I have to go to Mexico every other month has combined to put us in GTO the night that the AP roles in there. Can't wait to see y'all and show her all the cool stuff in GTO and surrounds.

Your commitment is amazing. Really looking forward to having you and Z hanging out with us in GTO!!

Last edited:
Hi Shadman - potential first timer for MexTrek here

Did I read one of your above posts correctly that the entire hotel in Galeana is already booked for the non AP days? Too late to register for the weekend rides and still have a place to stay? Thanks!

I reserved the whole hotel so that there would be plenty of room for everyone at the Magdelena. It sleeps about 60, we have 42 signups. Plus there is the hotel Jardin with room for 40 more 2 doors down. So no worries, we won't reach capacity this go around. 102 is the max I think. I'm expecting 60 to 70 signups.

@Shadman How much time should we allow to take care of our paperwork (TVIP and tourist Visa) at the border, or should we do it Wednesday afternoon before our welcome dinner, to save time at the Border on Thursday, or what do you recommend. I've been thru it before. And maybe just give us/we a quick go over of what's needed for the riding in Mexico.

Last edited:
Sandsman, tvip takes 30 to 60 minutes depending on foot traffic. As many as possible should get permits Wednesday before / during / after the welcome dinner. We typically roll out of the border crossing around 9 ( 8 to 10am) in groups of 8 or 10. No one wants to wait and wait for that last guy, but we have to. If you can't get a permit Wednesday night, you should arrive at breakfast fully ready at 630, eat quick, cross the border, and wait for everyone at the mexican border office parking lot. Chances are you will wait for a while there as stragglers pop in late and unprepared. With 50 riders and about 10 minutes of processing each it would take 2 or more hours to get everyone processed. More via email on this later...

Finally getting excited about the trip after working thru pinched nerve pain city the last 3 wks or so... Laura and I are both in to Galeana. (Laura was with us Mextrek 6 on her Tiger XC) She's planning at this pt to head back Sun to mission. Fly back to Asheville tues. I'll be in for V3.0. So stoked to check out Guanajuato and everything else with y'all fellow hooligans! Just an update y'all probably missed my latest hardware mods after a bit to much drifting on the GS1150 here in NC a year a go last aug. Healed up good but gotta reel it in a notch or too...

Sorry folks, I'm officially closing the After-Party to any new signups as of today. All who are registered and paid for the after party will be getting an email in the next couple of days with more details.

Anyone who really, really, really wants to go to the after party should contact me directly and I can put you on a wait list in case anyone else backs out.

Obviously, Mextrek #10 in Galeana, the first 4 days, are wide open to new signups and will be until the moment of departure. The more the merrier!!!

This is the current list of registered attendees. If you are on this list I think you are coming. If you are not on this list, its best to sign up. Thanks all!!!

1 Organizer Peter S (Shadman) CBR500R(X) + V3.0 (The afterparty)
2 Ride Guide Steve M (Fang) + V3.0 Paid
3 Ride Guide Sean S (Pandora Adventures) + V3.0 Deposit

4 Jack S +V3.0 $200 due
5 Scott B $50 due
6 Mike S +V3.0 $75 due
7 Eddie T Paid
8 Gabe H Paid
9 Mike M + V3.0 $225 due
10 Mark H Paid
11 Nick H + V3.0 Paid
12 Kris S $50 due
13 Mike F $50 due
14 Greg D Paid
15 Brett K Paid
16 Shai L + V3.0 Paid
17 / 18 Andre N and Gaylon + V3.0 $100 due (gaylon registration)
19 Charles N $50 due
20 Edwin H Paid
21 Peter VW + V3.0 Paid
22 Reagan E + V3.0 paid
23 Tim B + V3.0 Paid
24 Adam M V3.0 $395 due
25 Dao H + V3.0 paid
26 Curtis J + V3.0 Paid
27 Michael P + V3.0 $300 due
28 John B + V3.0 Paid
29 Jim B + V3.0 Paid
30 Dustin M Paid
31 James JP C Paid
32 Ken E Paid
33 Eric B + V3.0 Paid
34 Alan B + V3.0 Paid
35 Greg P + V3.0 Paid
36 Israh C Paid
37 Duncan C + V3.0 Paid
38 David B Paid
39 Mark W +V3.0 Paid
40 Edward O'C $50 due
41 Laura D Paid
42 Jae B Paid
43 Casey D + V3.0 Paid
44 Ride Guide Thomas M Paid + Guanajuato by plane with Z!!!

Fabio P 50/50 attendance
Doug M 50/50 attendance

Reducing the list to those who still have a balance:

Sean S $170
Jack S $200
Scott B $50
Mike S $75
Mike M $225
Kris S $50
Mike F $50
Andre N $100 (gaylon registration)
Charles N $50
Adam M $395
Michael P $300
Edward O'C $50

Finally getting excited about the trip after working thru pinched nerve pain city the last 3 wks or so... Laura and I are both in to Galeana. (Laura was with us Mextrek 6 on her Tiger XC) She's planning at this pt to head back Sun to mission. Fly back to Asheville tues. I'll be in for V3.0. So stoked to check out Guanajuato and everything else with y'all fellow hooligans! Just an update y'all probably missed my latest hardware mods after a bit to much drifting on the GS1150 here in NC a year a go last aug. Healed up good but gotta reel it in a notch or too...
View attachment 242513View attachment 242514View attachment 242515
This will be my first MexTrek, I have some of that fancy hardware along with a new electronic ignition (pacemaker 5 weeks ago) and heart bypass last October. Just getting back into decent riding shape.

Sean S $170
Jack S $200
Scott B $50
Mike S $75
Mike M $225
Kris S $50
Mike F $50
Charles N $50
Adam M $395
Michael P $300
Edward O'C $50
I'll be sending the balance in next week.

Sean S $170
Jack S $200
Scott B $50
Mike S $75
Mike M $225
Kris S $50
Mike F $50
Charles N $50
Adam M $395
Michael P $300
Edward O'C $50

Gaylen’s payment sent via Paypal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$50 paid. A couple of rookies will be joining me. They'll pay soon. We might ride from Austin, stay at Potrero Chico Wendsday night, to Galeana Thursday via south route. We want to trailer back via McAllen on sunday . Going to work on how to get a truck trailer there somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back